1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They all think they are victims too! Fox News is nothing but propaganda reinforcing the idea that Real Americas are victims of the woke liberal city people who have darker skin.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

You’re assuming the jury is going to do the right thing.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Every pundit today is like, "Today was a very bad day for Trump."

If on cross, the attorney asks Pecker, "So, what was his reason for wanting the catching and killing of stories?"

Pecker: "He didn't want Melania to think this happened."

Or,

"Trump made us money."

Doesn't that end it?

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm very pleased with how this has been handled so far. Leading with Pecker, who has been in Trump's inner circle for decades and delivered damning testimony, was very smart. He gave detailed and believable testimony. It did not hurt that they had Cohen's bank statement with the $130k payment to Stormy and Weisselberg's figures on how much to reimburse him in his handwriting on it. I'd bet that the next witness called will be Hope Hicks, to talk about the Trump/Pecker/Cohen meeting She is one of the few who have been in that close circle without being stained with something unsavory (other than sustained association with Trump anyway). If she simply testified to what she saw and plays it straight, the prosecution has a solid foundation. Add documentary evidence and other credible witnesses. So far as is possible, get Cohen and Stormy on the record, but don't depend on them. Buttress their testimony with as many solid people as possible.

I wonder how long Trump will be able to last before he goes after Pecker, or even Hope Hicks if her testimony is on this same level of detail and damage to him

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Not hardly. Pecker is the FIRST witness. Presumably, there are other witnesses who can corroborate the prosecution's version of the case. Also, Pecker just wasn't called out of the blue. If he contradicts things he said to prosecutors before or to the grand jury, he could be in a world of hurt.

HanSenSE, Neutral Corner and UNCGrad like this.
  7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

“THIS is the day Trump stepped in it!”

Same shit, different day for the last 10 years.

FileNotFound likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Yeah, but he didn't. Instead it was all about how frugal Trump is, how he's looking at every detail and is always in control. That "Stuff like this always gets out" quote was a killer detail. Pecker is an unindicted co-conspirator, but I'd bet that could change if what he says on the stand is different from the way he prepared with the prosecutors.

I never thought I'd hear the word "pecker" on the news so many times in one day.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2024
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He's old, not blind.

10. Neutral Corner

That's the killer. All they need is one.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Draft saved Draft deleted