1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 NBA playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

One ticket. A friend in the city is going to be in Philly and is going to go to the games there, said you can get two tix there for the price of one at MSG.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

A lot of money, but a priceless memory for a lifetime.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Nugs just can't keep their brothers under control.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

God, the Suns are just ghastly to watch.

I suspect we are one week out from the Frank Vogel firing news conference.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Instead of leveraging three studs Booker/Durant/Beal into combo actions, its "your turn/my turn" with Durant simply standing 28 ft away at the worst place available, the extended elbows. Why? How about posting Durant with Beal and Booker running the split action like Curry/Klay??

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

He's making a career of being scapegoat for the superstars

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Except this team looks entirely uncoached. As @qtlaw said, the entire offense is your turn/my turn. There is no ball movement, no interplay with the stars, nothing.

Vogel certainly may not be all of the problem... but he ain't the solution.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I know Grant Hill is probably a great guy to be around but is there ANY criticism he can say? Or does he simply LOVE everything everyone does? Sorry but an NBA game is not the Today show.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  10. DanielSimpsonDay

That may be their preferred way to play. Durant and Booker have been high usage rate iso scorers and tough midrange shot makers throughout their careers (KD made an exception in Golden State unless the game situation called for it). A stronger (or better) coach could possibly get them to play more dynamically but maybe Vogel is there because he wouldn't ask them to.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

TNT somehow has the greatest PBP guys and, SVG aside, the most brutal color guys.

poindexter likes this.
  12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yeah, I enjoy SVG, he's actually given color. Grant Hill "the floor is wood, there are painted lines, and the shooter just shot the ball through the hoop, GREAT SHOT!"

Draft saved Draft deleted