1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Music Thread (post a song)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Seagal sings in a Jamaican accent, including “me want the punani”.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

4. Neutral Corner

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Making a last-minute decision to snag a single ticket (ended up in the third row) to see Dr. John when he came through town very late in his touring career was one of the best concert choices I ever made.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

By the way, I was this many years old when I learned that the lead singer for Thin Lizzy was half black and Irish. Band was a good decade before my time and Phil Lynott died when I was nine, way before I started following music. Pretty good documentary done on him here that aired in 2021.

Neutral Corner and I Should Coco like this.
  7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Mother's Day coming up (always one of my favs):

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Petros Papadakis mentioned this on his weekly hit on Two Pros and a Cup of Joe today (dumbest name for a good radio show HOFer?) Anyway....

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I knew Thin Lizzy were Irish, which blows every Southern rocker's mind based on one song they did.

But I did not know Lynott was biracial. I knew Slash from G-n-R is biracial, which is probably where his sobriquet came from.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I got a picture next to the Lynott statue in Dublin. He is still a big deal there. The Irish Rock and Roll Museum has loads of Lynott/Thin Lizzy stuff donated by his mother.

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link — will have to check that out.

At their mid-1970s peak (also before my time … I was a preschooler), the twin-guitar attack paired with Lynott’s bass and vocals kicked ass.

12. Neutral Corner

Draft saved Draft deleted