1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Liut likes this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Opinion | Conversations and insights about the moment.

I think what we’re seeing at Columbia and on other elite campuses is a precursor to what we’re going to see at the Democratic convention in Chicago. In 1968 the clashes between the New Left activists and Mayor Richard Daley’s cops were an early marker of the differences between the more-educated and less-educated classes. They were part of the trend that sent working-class voters to the G.O.P.

If there are similar clashes in Chicago this August, the chaos will reinforce Trump’s core law-and-order message. It will make Biden look weak and hapless. Phrases like “from the river to the sea” will be 2024’s version of “defund the police” — a slogan that appeals to activists but alienates lots of other voters.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah of course that's what the Trumpfucks want.

"New Left activists" in every variation -- smelly antiwar hippies, uppity civil rights N***rs, bra burning feminists, tree huggers -- they've been shrieking about them for 60 years. BLM, Antifa, LGBTQ locker room trannies, the Latino hordes at the border, etc etc. They're all coming to get you.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don't have any questions. He'll staff his White House poorly, with incompetent people in many spots.

I don't question whether he's a bad guy. He is.

I question whether the "Trump kids are filtering for the kinds of people their dad wants to work with" is news. I don't think it is.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The guy that was there 2017-2020.

Point is, it's presented as a development of some sorts.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Calling that it was from David Brooks before clicking on the link was the easiest money ever.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Slacker likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Who is he? Where is he?

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

There's a difference between filling a staff for ideological purity and demanding specific, personal loyalty to POTUS.
    In Trump's klan, you don't qualify if you're the most experienced, ideologically aligned candidate but you fail to display sufficient love and devotion to the lord and savior.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Beyond infuriating

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I agree. I just don’t think it’s news. It be news if for some reason he was selecting people to fill his staff who didn’t agree with him

Draft saved Draft deleted