1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 college football offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Jan 10, 2024.

1. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

An update on the program at Colorado.

Last year 56 players transferred out according to 24/7. This year 36 and counting, The Buffs have signed 29 transfers from the portal. Deion does not like to make home visits and has only signed 10 freshman recruits.

Six of the tops even offensive lineman from last year's team have left. The seventh has exhausted eligibility. The Buffs have signed five offensive linemen who started at Division I programs last year as replacements along with Jordan Seeton, a five star tackle.

All five scholarship running backs are gone, four by transfer and one who ran out of eligibility. Of the three scholarship tight ends on the roster one has been hurt for the last year and the other two were just moved from defense. Chamon Metayer, who started at tight end for Cincinnati last year, transferred in and transferred out at the first opportunity.

The thinking in Boulder is that the offensive line has to be better than last year The hope is that with a mediocre offensive line and excellent receivers Shedeur and the offense can score enough points to overcome what will be at best a mediocre defense against what should be a softer schedule. If the team goes 8-4 and is invited s to a bowl the season will be declared a success.

Deion sure as hell better hope so. If he goes 8-4 he can probably get another Power Four gig. Because the outlook for 2025 is grim when Shedeur and Travis Hunter leave. There are 26 seniors currently listed on the roster (though who knows how many will be left in a week). There are only about 20 freshmen or redshirt freshmen on the team so there are a shortage of bodies to develop. Coach Prime needs to be gone in 2025.i

Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
  2. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

He comin.

They goin.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Tuck comin back to Boulder???

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Can you explain the problem with spending the tv money on the players? I don't understand.

FileNotFound likes this.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Colorado School of Mines will again be the best team in the state this season. Columbine/Cherry Creek follow.

6. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

How did Columbine get so good? is there open enrollment in the Jeffco schools and kids can transfer in?

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yup, open enrollment, though I don't know about how Columbine gets their kids, unlike Creek and Valor. They've been good for the last nearly 30 years since Andy Lowry took over. Six titles since 1999 (the infamous one they won in the fall after the shooting), including beating Creek last year. One other runner-up. Running a primitive offense with big OL and just run the ball that somehow translates to wins. That, and Colorado high school football is very limited.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with the money going to players at all - it should - but the idea that these super conference TV deals are windfalls for the schools just isn't true - the money is STILL going out quicker than it is coming in. Its not like anyone will lower ticket prices with all the TV money or give some of it back to the school's general fund.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Deion’s theory of the case was always risky. But it crumbled altogether when restrictions on second transfers were abolished and players could check out of his roach motel just as fast as they checked in.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Can someone explain why Deion's team is a revolving door? I don't get transferring there and then transferring out asap.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I very easily get the transferring back out part. However much it looks like a shit show from the outside, it’s got to be absolutely brutal up close and personal.

How he persuades them to try it in the first place, who knows?

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Deion Sanders.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted