1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 NBA playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 20, 2024.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

11/10 when read in his voice

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

KD is the boss and he's an iso guy.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, but KD can play within a functional offense. This offense involves one guy with the ball and four guys loitering on the wing, watching.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Kyrie is not my favorite person (flat earther) but he’s the smoothest player I’ve ever seen.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I was mostly watching the Caps last night but did not like what I saw when I flipped back to the Suns. Just disjointed and ugly. History is not going to look back kindly on the KD trade. I agree with PC here. You may have one more shot next year before KD completely falls off a cliff, production wise. Vogel is completely out of his depth here. A lot on the line this weekend in Phoenix.

That said, Edwards has been impressive. Breakout showing for a great young player.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I think Pacers/Bucks last night was the first playoff game to go Over. Had to be a very nice run for some folks.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Things turned to shit after you lost Grayson Allen to injury:D:D

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Big Circus likes this.
  9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Watching the Clippers last night, they’re weirdly disjointed to me. It’s not selfish ball, it’s the opposite IMHO. It’s as if no one wants to assert themselves so others can lead then no one does except Westbrook (going 2-10). Am I off base?

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He’s a good compliment to Luka because if he gets the ball with like 5 seconds to go on the 24, he can create for himself every time or set up a quick open shot.

qtlaw likes this.
  11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I will say, as much as it hasn't worked out, I'm still cool with the KD trade. They took a shot, and the guys they gave up -- Mikel Bridges and Cam Johnson -- just really aren't that good. The Suns gave up a lot of picks but James Jones butchers the draft so badly that it ultimately doesn't bother me.

If you told me nine months ago that Grayson Allen would be a crucial player for the Suns and maybe my favorite player on the team, I would have thought you were completely insane. But here we are.

Cosmo likes this.
  12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

A Suns-Celtics Finals would have so many 5v4 possessions with Tatum and Booker staying back to complain

Cosmo likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted