1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ukraine Always Get What You Want

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Feb 12, 2022.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

We basically abandoned Ukraine for six months and let the Russians catch up with them on the battlefield. And we wonder now why there’s dissent in the Ukrainian ranks. It’s easy to paper over those differences when you’re winning.

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I really wish we'd supply Ukraine with some long range offense weapons so the could hit a couple of major Russian cities. Let those people see what it's like.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I feel like they might already have the capability. They are rewriting the battlefield rule book with their use of drones. If they had a breather from hitting targets more urgent in front of them, I bet we’d see more and more drone attacks deeper and deeper into Russia and possibly Moscow.

I’m with Wicked. If the Kremlin wing of the GOP hadn’t dicked around, we might be seeing it already.

6. Spartan Squad

Speaking of making America great again, can we go back to the time when just being accused of working for the Russians was enough to end a career? There’s some out of work actors from the 40s and 50s who would like to know WTF happened

7. Neutral Corner

I've heard some speculation that the U.S. has some significant arms storage just across the Polish border, ready to ship. I hope this is true.

The House Republicans who engineered this should be flogged, figuratively if not literally.

Driftwood likes this.
  8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'd be perfectly fine with Ukraine zeroing a cruise missile right at Red Square. Drop it right on Lenin's Tomb. The Russians are targeting non-military targets. Give them a taste of their own medicine.

Baron Scicluna and Spartan Squad like this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And you just know at some point, the Kremlin Republicans will whine about why the war is taking too long.

10. Neutral Corner

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm guessing something happened in 2014 to change the dynamic. When coups overthrowing governments were good and not criminal.

Like it or not, justified or not, the rules changed forever after 2014. And we were too giddy and blind to anticipate the repurcussions.

12. Spartan Squad

You mean Putin has to send in his army to capture Ukraine instead of being greeted with throngs of adoring fans laying palm fonds beneath the feet of the donkey he rode in on?

2muchcoffeeman and Driftwood like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted