1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 college football offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Jan 10, 2024.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The fat 60-year old with the receding hairline is only 15 years old?

Lt.Drebin likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Took a while to run around him, though.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And even with him their starting D-Line only averaged 313 pounds!

4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I think the same thing happens to the Buffs this year. They should beat North Dakota State at home and Colorado State. I can see them outscoring Nebraska, a team they thumped last year. Then UCF and Baylor are two of the weaker teams in the conference. So Colorado is 5-0. The rest of the season I think they only beat Cincinnati. Which would get them to a bowl which would be considered a big deal at the school because the team ahs only been to three bowls since Gary Barnett got fired.

5. Neutral Corner

6. dixiehack

If what Dilfer did isn’t illegal yet in Alabama, it will be in about half an hour. Gov. MeeMaw will be pissed.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Essentially, he's helped organize a union. Can't be fired for that.

8. dixiehack

Were you under the impression this is part of the United States?

TigerVols and HanSenSE like this.
  9. Neutral Corner

10. Neutral Corner

There is a point in the video attached to the tweet just above this where one of the guys with the Player's Association says "The NCAA is supposed to be all about the Student-Athlete. Who here feels like the NCAA is looking out for you, raise your hand."

Zero hands went up.

The schools have conferences that negotiate the best possible deal for them. Coaches have agents. The athletes have had no one in that role, and that looks like it is going to change very soon. I strongly suspect that this group or another like it will help negotiate an end to the Wild West aspects of NIL, or at least make the attempt.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I would think the players like the wild west aspect to NIL - no central authority, no verification of other offers, no defined terms to live up to, no "market" - its like Wall Street, but without a "board" to see what the going rate for a particular stock is.

12. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

You are such an idealist.

Draft saved Draft deleted