1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Priorities!

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Horseshit "statistic" is horseshit. At best, it's 32 percent.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

80 percent of that 80 percent think that kind of "election interference" is fantastic: anything that interferes with fascist criminal traitors taking power is wonderful.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I don't know where to put this, so I guess I will do it here.

UAW workers at Daimler's Thomas Built Buses plant in High Point, N.C. are likely going on strike tonight at midnight. It should be a major news story regionally.

I used to live in High Point and work for the News & Record in Greensboro. I still live in North Carolina, having traded the Triad for the Triangle almost 20 years ago. And while no longer a journalist, I'm a heavy news consumer.

So I was surprised that the first I've heard of the pending strike was a story in the New York Times this morning about its potential political ramifications in a swing state in an election year.

Went looking for local coverage and found one very short story from WFMY. Nothing in the Winston-Salem/Greensboro Journal/News&Record. Nothing in the High Point Enterprise. Nothing on Fox 8/WGHP. Nothing from McClatchy's statewide coverage team for the Charlotte, Raleigh & Durham papers.

I find this mind-blowing. It has potential to become a major hot-button issue in multiple statewide races given that a major part of the strike is about the federal money being pumped into Thomas to ramp up EV bus adoption that is not trickling down to the workers.

The Lee papers are a fucking joke, but their effective death is having major consequences on our state politics and McClatchy is no longer capable (if it ever was) of filling the void.

I firmly believe that Mark Robinson never becomes Lt. Governor in 2020 and the Republican candidate for governor today if the Greensboro News & Record had done the type of deep-dive profile of him prior to his first primary that used to be standard for local papers to do.

maumann, Alma, Slacker and 2 others like this.
  5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Any news on whether Trump is still farting in court?

6. Starman

Farting Trump's ass
    Is a gas, gas, gas.

maumann likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. Starman

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

All this f*cking nonsense for a pizza pitchman!

12. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

sgreenwell and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted