1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the Wordle?!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lakefront, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Took me 6

2. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

I had the second, fourth and fifth letters in place after two guesses. I did not get it right and there were at least 14 words still in play after my last guess. This may be the most difficult one yet. Given what the word wound up being, I'm amazed only 30 percent got it wrong.
    As it is, my percentage still stands at 100. That's my first legit loss (I've had 4-5 streaks end because the thing resets all the time) in nearly 600 attempts.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Second guess got me four yellows. The bot said I had 6 words left. I thought I had four. Used my third guess to eliminate possibilities and landed in four.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2024
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

FU Wordle.
    _:D___
    _:D__:D
    _:D_:D:D

18 LETTERS !

On the other hand - Connections was odd - I probably didn't get the most obvious one until the last.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

First one in a while. But it's averaging out at 6 moves.

Wordle 1,039 X/6

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Yesterday and today, my opening word netted the same two yellows. I used the same follow up word both days. Yesterday, it got me the answer in four. Today, in two. Go figure.

7. DanOregon

Today's was so odd - only because whatever the answer is to the previous days puzzle is - I stay away from those letters, and yet....

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Got it in 6 and it was a struggle all the way.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The purple category in Connections today I never would have gotten if they weren’t the only ones left.

10. DanOregon

Oh - that one was bullshit. Yes. Waiting for the "combination of letters in the alphabet" to be deemed a "category."

11. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Tomorrow's purple category: The Last Remaining Words in the Grid!

Webster likes this.
  12. DanOregon

anagrams of Yiddish!

Draft saved Draft deleted