1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This week's bizarre high school football score

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 4, 2018.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I had a 58-0 basketball game this year.

Hermes likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm not covering games live anymore but through the magic of NFHS.TV, it was possible for me to see one of our area girls teams lose 57-1.

Shockingly,

1, the winning team didn't press or really try to RUTS,
    2, the losing team didnt continuously throw the ball away, kick it out of bounds, etc etc. ... they actually got off a couple dozen shots or so, but just missed them all. They had several rim rollers the just fell off. They had a lot of turnovers, but they weren't horrible unforced errors.
    3, nobody on either team broke into tears during or after the game. Perfectly normal handshake line at the end of the game.
    4, although I wouldn't say the court was crackling with intensity, nobody was blatantly quitting, walking down court, etc etc. They slll maintained a medium jog.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Was this like the first round of the area tournament or something? Why such a mismatch this late in the year?

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, the 57-1 game I was referring happened about 3-4 weeks ago.
    I had happened to see the score in the paper (a rarity in itself these days) and I said, WTF? So since our family has a subscription to NFHS to watch some of our kids play other sports, I clicked through, and sure enough the game in it's entirety was available on video.

5. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Absurd finish. Team up 3 throws it length of the court with 2 seconds left to kill the clock, except a kid for other team grabs it and ties it with 80-footer. That team then won in OT. Obviously this is 1 in a billion but when up 3 and 2 seconds, just throw it under your own basket. Other team can score as time expires, you win by 1. No reason to throw it anywhere near 3-point line.

6. dixiehack

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

They played a game on Wednesday night? That's like violating a blue law in some places in the South.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Is Pedro Cerrano coaching high school baseball in Kansas?

https://www.kwch.com/2024/04/23/chi...alley-center-high-school-police-say/?tbref=hp

SixToe and sgreenwell like this.
  9. dixiehack

Kristi Noem offered to drag the offending players to her gravel pit and take care of business.

HanSenSE and sgreenwell like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted