1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

POLLS!

Six months before Election Day, President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump are tied 37%-37% in an exclusive USA TODAY/Suffolk University Poll as millions of Americans' votes remain up for grabs.

2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Hamilton and Burr had it right. I propose a duel to break the deadlock. Biden is probably a better shot and Trump's a huge target. Plus, Trump's tiny hands wouldn't be able to plug the trigger.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Here we go, the FOURTH and final quarter. /Lawrence Tanter

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, losing as an incumbent to a convicted and/or still indicted felon would only make Hillary's loss the second most embarrassing in U.S. history.

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

She will just put a bullet in the head of the first edition over at the gravel pit.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Can't wait to buy this book at Ollie's in a year for $2. Will probably throw in a Trump bible as well.

HanSenSE, Driftwood and garrow like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump is fined for criminal contempt again before the trial resumes this morning. Per the WaPo:

"Donald Trump was threatened with jail for any future violations of a limited gag order imposed in his falsifying business records case.

New York Supreme Court Justice Juan Merchan made it clear to Trump that his 10th gag order violation — which he ruled on at the start of Monday’s court session — was going to be the last that would result in only a fine.

“The last thing I want to do is put you in jail,” Merchan said. “You are the former president of the United States and possibly the next president as well.”

The judge noted that jailing Trump would require a monumental effort involving several law enforcement agencies including the Secret Service and New York’s corrections department.

“To take that step would be disruptive to these proceedings,” Merchan added."

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

10. Neutral Corner

"This scene was a small expression of the absurd dysfunction that has characterized the operations of the Michigan GOP for nearly a year. It is also a window into the problems of the current Republican Party writ large—one of many intraparty conflicts at the state and local level that are exploding across the country.

The problem, in short, is that the MAGA activists in charge are eating each other alive. States in which old-guard “establishment” Republicans were run off—seemingly paving the way for unified efforts on behalf of Trump—are instead beset by resignations, lawsuits, and financial crises. Conflicts are ongoing in Nevada, Idaho, Arizona, and Georgia as well as Michigan, and are tearing apart smaller chapters at even more local levels."

Gosh, I hate it for them.

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Some fool tweeted the other day that the Secret Service would decide if Trump went to jail, not some judge. Uhhh, sorry, Skippy, that's not how this works.
    I also read a credible story talking about how if Trump does go to jail, an agent would have to go with him. Obviously the guy wouldn't be truly incarcerated, and multiple agents would pull daily shifts, but I'm certain that's where I'd draw a line on the job and request to be reassigned.

12. Neutral Corner

Draft saved Draft deleted