1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yeah, alcoholism definitely isn’t rife among the college educated, especially lawyers. Famous for teetotaling, lawyers are.

Just once, shut the fuck up before you post.

franticscribe and Woody Long like this.
  2. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

But if Alma doesn't criticize the cools, who will???

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Honestly, you guyz, I didn't even think about the word "justice" when I posted that, either. So I'm stupid, too. But Regan knew that.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I have a good friend who leads a cannabis practice at his law firm and another who owns a series of dispensaries (one of which I am a small owner). Under the current scheme, dispensaries simply can’t make money because of the inability to take certain deductions. On top of the issues regarding not being able to use the federal banking system. Everyone is waiting for this federal legislation

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Did you overlook the word "consequences" on purpose?

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You think there aren’t consequences for alcoholism among the wealthy?

I guess the answer is no. You’re incapable of ever shutting the fuck up.

Fred siegle likes this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wait. You’re a weed dealer?

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

If we are going to get pedantic about the whole thing, yes. Have I made a dime from the whole thing despite having both one of the first medical and first recreational licenses in NJ? No. Is there any hope of doing so in the next few years? Also, no.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yes, I do. Which is why used the phrase "land predominantly on the poor." Which I think is accurate. The consequences of alcoholism, from a justice perspective, land predominantly on the poor.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Marijuana became a schedule I drug because of a previous Hispanic scare and stayed that way because it was another tool to punish blacks, so looking at repeal as a justice issue isn’t off base.

That said, I agree with Alma that the costs of substance abuse disproportionately fall on the poor and working class.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Some years ago I worked for a guy who's main business was chocolates. He had a display case of test products including a weed bar. "I'm waiting for the state to pass a law. I know a guy who owns five headshops in Florida who's gonna set me up."

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Cancel culture....but by red hats

Draft saved Draft deleted