1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fred siegle likes this.
  3. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

I was listening to The Daily NYT podcast this morning about their state polls showing Trump having a significant lead in the swing states. They described the candidates as “both flawed” using Biden’s age and Trumps alleged crimes as the reason for that. While that statement is not untrue, it does so oversimplify the narrative. I’d get better horse race analysis from First Take talking about an actual horse race.

Liut likes this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

1. You get what you pay for

2. While I'm sure the lawyers are fucking up on their own to considerable degree, I'd bet much of it is Fatfuck's own air of triumphant impunity: I can do whatever I want and nobody can do shit about it. Which rubs off on his lawyers. Bottom line, he thinks he has the Supreme Court tucked into his boxer shorts, and if he keeps appealing all this shit to the end, eventually they'll let him off. And he's probably right. Which means something else will have to be done.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Now Speaker Johnson goes to the Trump trial to bend the knee. What an embarrassment. At least it wasn’t during Stormy’s testimony as I doubt his son’s data plan could handle all of the texts.

Dyno, dixiehack, matt_garth and 2 others like this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Of course. Bastards

OscarMadison, dixiehack and Driftwood like this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Today's the day the defense starts its cross-examination of Cohen. So the Congresspeople are there to come out and say, "destroyed the guy. Jury has to acquit after today."

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Tuberville also comes from a culture where somebody who coached the middle school JV team 20 years ago is still called "coach."

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

To be fair, I haven't actively coached a team in nearly 10 years, and I'm still called Coach Driftwood.

Liut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted