1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Not another liKKKered-up kicKKKer!

bumpy mcgee likes this.
  2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

So going to steal this line. In fact, going to see if it is copyrighted yet. Thank you in advance.

3. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I know how we all say much the same thing, and it's along the lines of, "Really, for this guy? Of all people, this guy?"

Apologies if this has been posited before, but I wonder, the Dems had their rock star for eight years in Obama. For those who supported Obama, it felt good to have a calm, smart, terrific orator, and, well, to many, a guy who was cool and comfortable on talk shows, etc.

So everyone who hated Obama wanted their guy. Wanted their rock star. And wanted him immediately. So, add in race, add in stoking fear, add in, "You're fired!," - fucking hell, add in "Grab 'em by the..." - and just like Dems had their guy, now so did Republicans.

I guess it all boils down to pwning the libs, but I wonder if it originated there.

Thanks, Obama.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We live in a world where Herschel Walker, who has a barrel of red flags, is a serial liar and can’t string two sentences together, was nearly elected as a senator in a somewhat purple state. This country is fucked.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And if Obama doesn’t roast Trump at nerd prom, are we dealing with this shit?

OscarMadison, Slacker, wicked and 3 others like this.
  6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Whoever is president on 1/21/2025 can call the Insurrection Act at his own leisure.

Cuts both ways. I would wager that every flight from here to Belize will be packed for the intervening 10 weeks.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He got uppity.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Sorta like when a World Series champ who has a stern taskmaster as skipper replaces him with a laid-back "players" manager who is the replaced by a stern taskmaster who is replaced by.....

So, of course a rational, intellectual very young Black president is replaced by a psychotic racist septuagenarian.

Also, I blame term limits. Of course 44 would have run again in '16 if not for them...and in an election between Barack and the Birther....I have no doubt who would have prevailed.

Last edited: May 14, 2024
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Maybe . . . unless 42 would have been gunning for his seventh term.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If not for term limits, Bill Clinton might still be president.
    Although Reagan would certainly have gotten a third and maybe a fourth term, especially if his minions could claim victory over communism to his credit. It probably would have only mattered how long he could remain upright.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Bubba would have fucked his way out of office before then.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 14, 2024
Draft saved Draft deleted