1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it's undecided, but people who aren't paying attention can also switch their choices suddenly when they start paying attention.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think there’s a lot undecided whether they’re going to show up for Biden or just hit the snooze button.

wicked likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

All the available polling evidence is that Biden's supporters are much more likely to vote, or at least, have been much more regular voters in the past, than are Trump voters.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

But it doesn't FEEL that way!

garrow and matt_garth like this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I guess I'm still not sure what that Free Press piece is meant to exemplify.

Pro-Trump stealth advocacy masquerading as libertarian-just-asking-questions-journalism?

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

And the polls! My god, the polls!

7. Michael_ Gee

There are cross-currents here. Traditionally, rematch elections have lower turnout. But elections perceived as close have higher turnout, because more people feel their vote makes a difference. Here we have a rematch that's also a close election. So who knows?

franticscribe likes this.
  8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

The "are you better off than you were four years ago?" stories should start and end with "well I'm not stuck in my home going on X amount of days straight because there's a deadly, unknown virus spreading and the dipshit in charge of the country thinks his health team should look into injecting disinfectant or drinking bleach as a cure.

9. Michael_ Gee

The country's absolute refusal to turn its mind back to the pandemic is what keeps Trump afloat. Well, that and racism.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Think a Dem POTUS would have garnered 200+ electoral votes in an election during a deadly pandemic they failed to stem....and lied about its severity?

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

It's almost as if Covid never existed. Even though it still exists.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I mean I just don’t know what you are supposed to do with people like this:

“I’m from communism, I know how bad it is,” says Wang, wearing a bright red MAGA hat and work boots stamped with the Stars and Stripes. “Now I feel like here is getting like China.”

Fred siegle likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted