1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Spot-on. I thought DeSantis would be the younger and more competent Trump, but he proved that 1-of-2 wasn’t going to be enough. That person is out there, though, and he or she is potentially very dangerous. Which is why the Democrats need to get way better at politics.

maumann likes this.
  2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Scary thought. I don’t think Harris would win either.

maumann likes this.
  3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Let’s throw this fun what-if out there: Would Harris beat Nikki Haley?

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Ivanka.

"Fuck you, Daddy, I'm never sitting on your lap again. ... AND QUIT TRYING TO FEEL MY TITS!"

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Anyone who says this clinches the election for convicted felon trump is a lying sack of shit.

The trumplicans are forced to say it because the convicted felon DEMANDS it, and they’re spineless, anti-American cowards.

The cult members are saying it because their widdle feewings are hurting bad right now. Well fuck their feelings. A jury of 12 Americans heard the evidence and followed the law. They did their duty in the face of a swirling shitstorm. They have literally put themselves in harm’s way with this. That’s fucking brave, and patriotic. Far more patriotic than trumplicans.

Anyone who says they KNOW how this will affect the election is full of shit. Nobody KNOWS jack squat.

About a million things are going to happen between now and November.

This news is big enough to break through, at least a little bit, to a lot of the 70 percent of the voters who aren’t engaged. They’ll probably move on quickly, get on with their summer and wake up again in September.

When it comes down to those voters, well, I’d sure rather be the candidate WITHOUT 34 felony convictions.

Last edited: May 31, 2024
  6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I doubt Harris would win the primary, never mind the general. But whomever emerged from the Democratic primary would be (symbolically) bloodied and will need to spend most of his or her time trying to recruit the voters for the losing candidates. If Trump loses this fall, I can see the post-Trump Republican party forming quickly around a new candidate. It would be great if he or she were sane! And maybe, if Trump loses this fall and finally completely falls apart, the party sheds the lunatics and finds someone who is terrible but at least can govern and has a passing interest in democracy. But that's probably not going to be the case. Again, let's hope we don't have to worry about it for a few years.

outofplace and maumann like this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just a reminder: Hunter Biden's trial starts next week. And let the "what abouts" begin.

8. Slacker

upload_2024-5-31_0-25-45.jpeg

OK, day of days, I was away on business.
    Caught the verdict alert early, but then tied up until now.

What I'm saying is, here come more visuals. Art is good, dammit!

9. Slacker

10. Slacker

11. Slacker

12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Saw this on FB shortly after the verdict was announced ... surprised it wasn't posted here.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted