1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 college baseball/softball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Feb 2, 2024.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It’s amazing how much fun College Station looks like when the fans and students don’t have to fetishize a para-military cult and can just cut loose.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

While it's awesome the Gators are going to Omaha, I really would like to see Florida State finally seal the deal after all these years, especially for Mike Martin.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Both Oregons are some of the most poorly coached teams I have ever seen.
    Oregon coach sat on his hands, watching his pitcher piss away an 8-3 lead with 6 walks and a hit batter. A&M added a grand slam when a relief pitcher finally was summoned in a 9-run inning.
    OSU and Kentucky are still playing, but Kentucky took a 3-2 lead in the seventh when a runner scored from second on a strike 3-wild pitch. The pitcher didn't cover home. Oregon State has 2 runs, but no hits.

5. dixiehack

I was just about to go to bed when the announcer reminded me I may very well be watching the last few minutes of the PAC-12 Conference. I’d expected to have typed out “Man walks on Mars” before that sentence.

Fuck the shit show that college sports has become.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Crushing someone from the Missouri Valley Conference, just like in late November.

7. dixiehack

All the stuff we review and we can’t review obstruction on the basepaths?

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter when the next guy strikes out on three pitches, including the last one looking.

9. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Watching strike three sail into the catcher's mitt without making even a twitch was an apt way for the PAC-12 to officially end.

MileHigh, poindexter and ChrisLong like this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

All SEC-ACC CWS. I'll pass. But the bar that sells jello shots better double their supplies.

11. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Not without the Cajuns.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think I'd put my money on Kentucky - never been to Omaha before, they know how to drink, been "in training" since the Derby. And probably stick around long enough to set the jello shot record. I have no idea, nor care, how they do in the CWS.

Draft saved Draft deleted