1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the Wordle?!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lakefront, Jan 20, 2022.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Got it in two. I have to think I wasn't the only one who opened with a certain word. Haha. Oddly enough - it flowed right into the answer. :eek:

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I got it in 3.
    :)[]:)[][]
    []:):D:)[]
    :D:D:D:D:D

My second guess left me with one possibility. Wordle bot panned my second guess but I think any of the recommended guesses would have sent me to a path of 5.

3. DanOregon

So I guess I can say by now I opened with FELON, which easily fed into CHAOS.

tea and ease likes this.
  4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

With my second guess today, I got first 4 letters in green. And it took me 5

5. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Got it in 2 today.

6. Spartan Squad

I got four of the five on my second guess (the final two and two others that could only go in one spot) and landed in two.

The bot really wants you to eliminate letters with guesses that won’t work over guesses that do the same thing but could also work.

7. DanOregon

WORDLE ALERT! WORDLE ALERT!! No, that isn't a clue. Just be wary. Pretty proud of my four.

8. Spartan Squad

Got it in five but I feel like I over thought it. My third guess should have been simpler. Alas, got it slightly above the 4.8 average right now.

9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Took me five. Should’ve had it on four but second-guessed myself. Got it down to three words after two guesses and picked the wrong word twice.

10. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

6 each of the last two days

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

5 today — wasn’t even sure it was a word

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It simply "forced" me into that word because nothing that was left for my final letter was even close to a word. And I sure wouldn't have guessed this was a word.

Wordle 1,087 4/6
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted