1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I agree. The season was fine and enjoyable, but its clearly looking more inward for its storylines, and it has gotten more outlandish as a result. I also don't think the chemistry between Janine and Gregory is all that great.

Webster likes this.
  2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Mrs. W said that he looked like a serial killer in the last scene.

OscarMadison and sgreenwell like this.
  3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Agreed. There have been times that I thought it felt like interference from the network to create the next Jim and Pam. The characters are rich enough already and can stand on their own without that tired trope.

garrow, Webster and sgreenwell like this.
  4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Can we all just agree that Bluey is better than 80% of current TV?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2024
  5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I once heard a movie critic (maybe Ebert?) say his outlook on movie changed dramatically when he placed himself in the shoes of the movie goer that wants to see action or romance or outrageous comedy when they walk into the theater and not his perspective of “how does this compare with Godfather II in quality?”

Bluey is a show made for children directly and parents indirectly. What is accomplished in eight minutes is amazing.

It’s the best show on television, and if it’s not, it’s standing on the same podium as the winner.

OscarMadison and jr/shotglass like this.
  6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Someone made the observation that the parents work as a security guard and an archaeologist. True to their species, they sniff and dig.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

In Sleepytime, Bingo whimpers like a dog during a bad dream.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Good points.
    I fell off this year. The show just doesn't do it for me any more.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think Ebert and Siskel both summarized how they judge movies on whether they "deliver" on their promise to viewers. Does the movie tell a "new" story, or tell it in a new way? Do the filmmakers give enough credit to the audience that this isn't the first movie they've ever seen.

OscarMadison and sgreenwell like this.
  10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Catching up on P-Valley (STARZ). Think of it as Orange is the New Black, but set at a deep south strip club. Might even be better.I don't know what is more surprising, how well the dancers act, or how well the actors dance.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2024
  12. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted