1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WNBA thread… 28.5 ain’t your pay cut

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, Apr 15, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Except the Aces selling out isn’t causing league wide attendance to go up 2.5 times from last year. Wilson isn’t the reason for two teams with a combined 2 wins nearly selling out

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Is Caitlin Clark Ukrainian?

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You think I just pull this stuff out of my ass, don't you?

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Prettttttttty much

Spartan Squad likes this.
  5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

We have a neck and neck contest on da faqiest takes on this thread

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

You have to wonder how often Clark must say to herself "what the fuck did I do?" I can't see anything she said or did to bring this on herself other than play basketball well, and yet she's the main subject in what has turned into a national debate notable for remarkably stupid arguments on all sides. That's not something many 22-year-olds would handle as well as she seems to be handling it.

Liut, I Should Coco, Alma and 4 others like this.
  7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

She’s not on social media.

That alone cuts out 90 percent of life’s aggravations.

FileNotFound, Gutter, Liut and 6 others like this.
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

She had a rep in college of being a ref-baiter, flopper and crap-talker. (While also being an incredible player.) Didn't mind playing the villain in opposing arenas, either.

If anything, of all the players the WNBA vets should have liked, it was Clark. She had a pro game and a pro attitude in college. Instead, this.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

She is definitely a flopper in the WNBA, too. I've seen it on several occasions.

10. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

It's fucking sports. Instead what? They are really really mean and play hard defense on her. They try to steal the ball while she's dribbling and block her shots and re-direct her shots and bump her when she dares step in the paint. Oh my God it's a fucking travesty.

She still flops a lot and she still whines to the officials and she still talks a lot of shit. The difference is now all of that comes a price.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, that 20-point, 10-rebound, 8-of-10 shooting, fourth straight double-double should quiet the critics.

Oops, that was Angel Reese.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Ok.

Draft saved Draft deleted