1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 college baseball/softball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Feb 2, 2024.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Kentucky-Florida postponed to tomorrow, so the winner will have to play twice in about eight hours

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

x.com

Four of the top 10 All time Jello Shot totals have been recorded this week in Omaha with Tennessee tops at third all time, but still light years behind LSU's effort last year.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

We’re drunks, but just not that drunk.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

LSU is the Kentucky basketball of alcoholism.

5. dixiehack

Is there any slower death than a blowout tournament game with no mercy rule and the schedule already backed up? Now 15-4 Gators with nobody out in the bottom of the sixth. It was 7-1 when I turned it off in the first inning after a grand slam.

6. dixiehack

I guess when you’ve lost the ability to enforce so many of your other rules you crack down on whatever is left.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Next time Vandy makes it every whistler gets booted

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We've got Tennessee vs. Texas A&M in the finals, which means five consecutive championships by the SEC for five different teams. And six in seven years, by six different teams.
    Has any conference ever done that in any sport?

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't care. I'm only happy that one of them will lose. I wish it could be both of them.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Since this is the active baseball thread...

This popped up in my Facebook memories. Victor Wembanyana's hand.

upload_2024-6-20_10-12-59.jpeg

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

With 178 dingers, Vols gonna fall a few HRs short of LSU's "unbreakable" record of 188 in 1997.

12. dixiehack

For all practical purposes, it is the home run record now with the new bats. The gorilla ball days were about a step above industrial league slow-pitch in the strategy department.

Draft saved Draft deleted