1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

High school sports reporter in Rochester, Minn.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Jason_Feldman, Jun 25, 2024 at 12:20 AM.

1. Jason_Feldman

Jason_Feldman New Member

The Post Bulletin in Rochester, Minn., has an opening for a full-time high school sports reporter.

Application information, and a job description can be found here.

A little bit about us: We're a four-person sports department (or, we will be once we make a hire). This position became available when one of our reporters retired after 25 years with the company. Two of our three sports reporters have been here for 20 or more years, the other for close to three years.

In the past four years, we have had two reporters leave, one to become a college basketball columnist for CBSSports.com, the other to cover Division I college sports in North Dakota.

The Post Bulletin was purchased by Forum Communications, based in Fargo, N.D., just more than five years ago. Forum has been a great company to work for, allowing us to add new positions to the newsroom and allowing great journalism to drive revenue. There are also ample opportunities for advancement, if you desire. The Post Bulletin produces two print newspapers per week (Tuesday and Saturday), and e-editions the other five days.

As for our sports staff, our focus is on approximately 40 high schools in southeastern Minnesota, though we have two junior hockey teams in the area and a Northwoods League baseball team to cover in the summer.

Any questions, feel free to email me at jfeldman@postbulletin.com

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

A four-person staff? OMG

3. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I remember the time when I was a allowed one stringer (Friday nights only) and a free-lance photographer. It was glorious.

Draft saved Draft deleted