1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

To each their own. As a super casual tourist (before the Rickwood game last week I’d watched maybe a half-inning of MLB since 2019) it suited me well. And other than a lap around the concourse in the fourth inning, I stayed and watched a 1-0 shutout that did not feel like a pitchers’ duel at all.

I will say that Ballpark Village did nothing for me. I don’t know what I was expecting, but it felt like CNN Center with a dad rock soundtrack.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If you’re wondering where Craig Monroe has been …

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They’re still shitty.

5. jr/shotglass

6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Gives a terrible new meaning to Pick The Stick.

Have the utmost sadness and best wishes for that courageous girl to step forward. I don't care what they did on the field, Monroe (and Zumaya) should be facing indictments.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If You Know Who isn’t a baseball fan, please don’t alert her to this thread.

9. jr/shotglass

Quiet Chuckle Moment: The FOX announcers gushing over Joan Jett's appearance at Camden Yards last night, unaware that she blasted MLB on last night's MASN broadcast for not using the Orioles' crew on national-broadcast nights.

10. jr/shotglass

Rangers might have lost Corey Seager for a while. Fastball on the wrist.

EDIT: X-rays negative.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2024
  11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The national anthem at our summer wood bat league game tonight was performed by a lady playing the harp. It was pretty neat.

I've now heard the SSB performed on a saw, harmonica, fiddle, kazoo, banjo, electric guitar and probably several other instruments over the years I've worked for this team, and by any number of church, elementary school, middle school, high school choirs, barbershop quartets and a lot of good and very bad solo singers. Summer baseball is wonderful.

PS: I still prefer a recorded version. No performing diva not showing up, showing up late, messing up the words, taking liberties with the song with their own personal rendition, or turning a one-minute march into two minutes or more of agony.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2024
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

An escalator malfunctioned at the Brewers' stadium after their game today and 11 people were injured.

Draft saved Draft deleted