1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Support the troops

Some of us actually answered when duty called.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Boy, I could really take the contrarian position here, but I'll resist the urge.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Manhattan prosecutors have agreed to delay sentencing in Trump's NY case.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

We're not talking shit about Ms. Hawk Tuah.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Because it’s better to err on the side of caution. Maybe Gomer was especially susceptible to a broken bone because of his military service. I’d lean that way because assuming causality is the right thing to do without proof to the contrary

I’m confused. I thought Trumpists and apologists for Trumpists were the only people who support our troops. Damned libruhls hate Amurrica.

Or are Project 2025 talking points now supreme because the Lord and Savior signs off on them? So it’s ok to rescind living vets’ benefits because Trump called dead soldiers stupid suckers? Is that the implicit decree?

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Well, obviously because you served in America your opinion doesn't count. That poster only thinks service for Vlad counts.

tapintoamerica and Driftwood like this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

jesus pennypinching christ

some really aggressively bad takes here

wow

SFIND, FileNotFound and maumann like this.
  9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

We use words like "honor," "code," "loyalty." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line.
    I would rather you just say thank you and be on your way.

franticscribe and Liut like this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My dad received a smallpox vaccination from an Air Force infirmary despite explicit instructions in his file saying he should not get one. He also got a severe skin reaction known as eczema vaccinatum that has never completely cleared up, and it exacerbated a number of other allergies. He can’t tolerate working for long in hot or cold conditions, which greatly limited the jobs he could hold as a high school graduate.

He eventually was given an 80 percent disability rating, 23 years after the shot and initial award of 20 percent. He spent the prime of his working years putting food on our table the best he could while trying to fight the VA on the side.

You want to call him a goldbricker? I can give you his cell number and you can tell him yourself.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If it was left up to Fatfuck Gomer Pyle would have been left dead on the battlefield. Loser.

Driftwood likes this.
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, the antivaxxer with a worm that ate his brain has other problems.

Draft saved Draft deleted