1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Damn, that's pretty slim pickin's. Whoever it is, it will be like "Wayne Gross was an All-Star???" Of course the SFG only have Logan Webb (excellent horse but not the W-L record) or Heliot Ramos (exciting young stud but nowhere near the elite OFs in the NL).

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Took my dad to his first big league game tonight at 72 years old.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

His OPS and average are right there with Profar’s and has as many homers in 100 fewer ABs. He’s not going to get the love because he doesn’t have enough at bats yet and the Giants are very meh. They aren’t good enough for Ramos to get much attention and aren’t bad enough to be involved in trade rumors (Giants wouldn’t trade him, but hot takes)

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

It’s tough to explain the futility of the Mariners offense until you see them whiffing in action.

Or until you see the scowl Logan Gilbert makes as he gives up a two-out, two-run double to Baltimore as he realizes “another loss.”

Seattle facing a 2-0 deficit is like any other team facing an 8-0 deficit. It’s ovah.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I would like to think that a guy who has never been an All-Star would go. He's not lined up to start the Sunday before.

Greene might make it on merit. After the starters, he has a case to be one of the next three -- Duran's going to make it and Rooker probably should (he could be at DH) but if Tucker is selected he's going to have to be replaced. Santander is in the mix and Greene is comprable, if not better.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Tatis is going to need an injury replacement. Brenton Doyle is probably going to nab that spot though.

I assume Chisholm gets the lone Marlins spot and Nimmo could be the lone Met

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

One day after blowing a 5-0 lead to the Nats and losing, today, the Mets managed one (goddamn) hit and lose 1-0 as Jesse Winker hit his sixth homer in 23 career ABs against Adrian Houser in the eighth inning.

Mets are back to reality.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That looks like a beer-league softball jersey designed by someone trying to be retro

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I hate today's white caps, too. Hate 'em.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure they're that good. I was thinking more "for hazing, drunk college freshmen go to the crappiest T-shirt shop in town and pick enough already printed cheap imported knockoff jerseys out of the returned bin to outfit the whole frat."

Oh, wait. I think that's actually Fanatics' corporate strategy.

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Like most on here, I'd much prefer the players wear their own team's uniforms; baseball is the one sport where you can pull that off. However, I'd at least be tolerant of the special uniforms for each league if they could create something that's worth a crap design-wise, but man, again, they can't even reach the low bar they set the previous season.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted