1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Concerts thread: Best/Worst/Next/Last one you attended?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Aug 1, 2007.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This would seem to be the best place for this. And yes, Dave Grohl is a national treasure.

2. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I love Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters, but this seems to be the wrong fight to take on. Not sure it will impact him much other than some social media back and forth in the short term but still.

He also has been doing this for a while, just not as specific. I saw them in like 2012 and he went on a huge rant about them playing real instruments.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

?

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Legendary LA punk band X is releasing their "last album" and going out on tour. Excene Cervenka, John Doe, Billy Zoom and D.J. Bonebrake have been in the band through their entire run. They're playing at Iron City, a smaller local venue here in October for a $30 general admission ticket. They're apparently touring nationwide if you're interested.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I saw them back in December and they were still great. One of my favorite bands.

(Billy Zoom hasn’t been around for the full run - he left for about ten years - but he’s been back for a while.)

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’ve driven by Iron City more than once on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon with a line out the door for a show that night from some performer neither I nor 98 percent of the population has ever heard of. But they must be doing something right.

However, I did see where Morgan Wade is coming this fall the night after my birthday. That’s one I am interested in.

FileNotFound likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted