1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fatfuck is just itching to see big bombs go boom boom. "Why have nukes if we're not going to use them?" That's his plan to end the Ukraine war.

2. Starman

Remember what the Pretty Princess told teenage beauty contestants who got upset when Fatfuck barged into their dressing rooms: "Don't worry, he does that all the time."

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

F*ck that. Let the MAGA goons and the toads who don't vote have their delusions. I paid my dues, mate.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Being from California, I love Harris. She was a good as AG and a tough Oaklander. I’d have full confidence she could be a great president.

Her problem is while she’s good at law, she struggles with the national spotlight. Her first few months as VP were not good in terms of image. That’s the first thing she needs to fight. Second is the inherent ceiling she’d need to crack on two fronts: she’s Black and she’s a woman. Trump will dog whistle all the way to November when he’s not saying the sexist bullshit loud and proud like he did with Hillary.

And this isn’t even taking into account this should hand been settled a year ago if she was going to take over. Biden doing it a month ahead of the convention will spell disaster for the Dems. If he does not accept the nomination, the rank and file has better be out there pounding the drums for Harris without even a whiff of infighting. Biden will need to get everyone in a room and say fuck you, you are getting what you want and you had better be on board right fucking note with her. If we step out of this room and there’s anyone who fights this, consider it funding from the party cut.

And let’s also just say this is all contrived bullshit. We aren’t even talking about this if the New York Times hadn’t been actively trying to get Trump elected. Yeah Biden is old and he stutters. Trump is old and he’s a fascist, a racist, a philanderer, and, oh yeah, he’s a fucking felon. I’m so sick of this narrative that Biden needs to step aside. Trump needs to be in prison and not running a campaign. And everyone who entertains the narrative that Biden needs to bow out is doing Trump’s bidding. This is what Trump wants. Don’t look at this raging forest fire over here; don’t you see your trust is burning? How about we put out the fire first before we worry about burnt fucking toast.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The Dems never message shit. They should have been going on every talk show, including in the right-wing shriek machine, and say, “Yeah, the president had an off-night. But what the fuck was the convicted felon smoking when he was talking about ‘black jobs’?”

gingerbread, Kato, Dyno and 3 others like this.
  6. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

This kind of thinking is a good way to drive a massive wedge between people we need to be working together. I'm not "entertaining a narrative" by thinking about the possibility of replacing Biden. I've supported him from the moment his nomination in 2020 became certain and have immense respect for him. But what I saw on that debate stage shook my faith in his ability to continue. Nobody told me to think that. It's what I saw with my own eyes and nothing I've seen in the following week has given any indication that my view should be different. I'm not doing Trump's bidding. I'm pissed at my own party for letting us get here, and think there's a narrow path to make a change without giving up the election.

It's the same kind of moral chastising that made the Bernie Bros feel comfortable sitting out. Scold those of us who think a change is warranted too damn much and more than a few will just say f*ck it: I can survive another Trump presidency and not vote. That would be a f*cking disaster.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

You ain’t seen a “derangement syndrome” like Harris Derangement Syndrome would be if she took over the top of the ticket.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My problem is the debate is not an isolated thing. It followed almost a year of hearing he should bow out because of his age. If we don’t have the NYT doing their damnedest to get Biden out with he’s too old stories, how do we view the performance in isolation? I don’t know.

But it does all play into Trump’s hands. This can’t be played politics as usual. If this was the 90s or Bush era, it would be a fair criticism. But when the other side is trying to set up a fascist government, we’re can’t play by the old book. It’s beat Trump today. Beat the Republicans today and worry about how old Biden is later.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2024
  9. Starman

Yeah, well unlike the primary in which she was waylaid by Tulsi, she won't be walking on tippy toes being careful to avoid looking like an angry black person.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I don’t know. I like for my candidates to have been chosen by, like, voters, in a primary election or something. I’m not sure I’m completely up for The Party simply deciding who should be the nominee. But maybe that’s outdated thinking.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

NYT's Trumpian click whores.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted