1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Boys on Amazon - spoiler thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Jul 29, 2019.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think you meant to ask me this, not Oscar. The show is just so ridiculously over-the-top that we don't take it all that seriously.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Episode 6: That reveal...

The High Points:
    Starlight shanks Firecracker.
    A-Train's heart grows three sizes that night.
    Komiko continues to be too good for that crowd.
    I laughed out loud at Homelander saying, "Fuck it. I'll do it myself."
    Hughie: How do you hurt a masochist?
    Sister Sage torches Firecracker at the party. Team Sister Sage!
    Susan Heyward looked like she was having so. much. fun.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

My heart just gets a tiny little bit bigger.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I’m having a hard time getting past Starlight’s upper lip.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I hadn't heard much of Anthony Starr speaking out of character, but it's a long way from Homelander. I'm surprised Meyers didn't ask him more about the idiots who watch the show and think Homelander is the hero.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

That was so darned cute. Makes me appreciate the line reads. I want Meyers to interview more of the cast.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Just finished the season, I don’t know where to even begin to process.

First, they really toned it down from last season, which isn’t hard to do. Just glad they didn’t try to top it.

I wonder how much the writers knew of Project 2025 as they wrote this. It fits. Firecracker was great and really played into the fake Jesus loving by the GOP. She and Starlight really played off each other well.

I liked the slight Gen V tie ins. The fact it was there but not over done was great.

Sage was way too big of a cop out. She’s a walking computer algorithm that can account for the true outcomes of every variable and the only one who could fuck it up was Homelander so she got kicked out to protect it? Bullshit. Ryan tells off Homelander on TV but he refuses to fight him? And she knew that? Butcher doesn’t kill Neuman if Ryan agrees to go. Or is the worm guiding the interaction? When does Sage discover the worm? I just don’t buy her. And after shitting the bed at Tek Knight’s party, Calhoun is all in with Homelander? Maybe. Sage really had to do some convincing.

Just too convenient.

Over all good. I just have a problem with how it all came together in the end. But that final sequence was as good as the Layla montage in Goosfellas.

Draft saved Draft deleted