1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I was waaaayyyyy too old before I understood what that song was about and it took my partner teacher pointing it out.

garrow, sgreenwell and Driftwood like this.
  2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

They’ve all never been in Cliff Claven’s kitchen?

misterbc, Killick, garrow and 6 others like this.
  3. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Watching the full speech is even more depressing. Lot of eye wandering, slurred words, etc. etc.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If Biden does drop out, rest assured he'll be assuring everyone he's in it until the end right up to the final announcement. What else can he do if he honestly hasn't decided? It's like those ninnies saying Harris should've told the world Biden was declining. Oh, yeah, that go over well, a Vice President saying her boss is losing his marbles. EVERYONE would hate her and rightly so.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Biden is doing the interview tonight. He'll be out campaigning pretty hard over the next ten days or so. I don't think his staff would be scheduling that way if they expected him to fail - but if he does, I think he'll be out very soon after.

9. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Biden needs to stop talking about the last 3.5 years. Even if you think he has generally done a good job as I do, the concern is not his record, but if he can function for 4.5 more years.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I hate to say this, but people need to take Bill Maher's approach to the election. He said he would vote for Biden's head in a jar of blue liquid to keep Trump from being president again. He's not wrong.

OscarMadison, garrow, maumann and 3 others like this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If TeamBiden thought this interview would help - it won't. On the one hand you have him campaigning hard over the next couple of weeks, a lot of travel - on the other you have him saying he needs more sleep, that too much travel caused the "bad night." I don't get it either. I understand trying to save your campaign, but I'd be fine if he just coasted to the end of this term and let Harris be the candidate.
    There is pride - and then there is reality.

[​IMG]

maumann likes this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Stubbornness is going to deliver victory to Trump again.
    Hillary Clinton just had to be president. Never mind that nobody liked her. It was her time.
    Joe Biden refuses to go away. This is perfect for the Trumpist klan.

gingerbread and OscarMadison like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted