1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I mean, how much do we really need to know about Trump?

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He already said the quiet part on this.

“black jobs.”

We now return you to the biggest overreaction in history, already in progress.

HanSenSE, OscarMadison and Tarheel316 like this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The last time Trump was on the ballot, he lost. Not because of fraud, but because the American people knew he failed.

And that was BEFORE Jan. 6 and the docs theft, and the sexual assault ruling and the convictions and the thousands of crazy rants (shark v. electric battery anyone?).

THAT is the guy leading in every f*king swing state!?!??

This ain't the 1890s when Grover Cleveland pulled off what big orange baby is trying to do. Cleveland had already won the popular vote two times before his second term.

And this ain't the 1960s when Nixon lost (but wasn't the incumbent and lost a much closer election than 2020 and didn't incite violence) only to win eight years later (with a mere 43 percent of the vote).

G*ddamnit. Bring Trump back because of inflation? That's like hiring a rabid Rottweiler because you have termites.

F*ck you! I pay all the same prices as these traitors. AAAAAAAND my motherf*cking student loans HAVE NOT been forgiven, I can't afford a f*cking house (even though my parents bought their first in 1972 with zero college degrees between them). But I will still vote blue.

Wake the f*ck up, America. Wake up!!!

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I can't help but think of others who had great careers, great opportunities for a grand send-off, but stayed too long and things ended badly. JoePa, Jim Calhoun, Bob Knight, Woody Hayes, you could throw a bunch of others out there. RBG, Helen Thomas, the list is endless. But they hung on too long. I worry about Lee Corso saying a wrong thing on air at this point.

Biden says he gets a "cognitive test" every day with his job - I wish somebody would point out his poll numbers were his score.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2024
    Driftwood and OscarMadison like this.
  8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Criminy, we just went through it with Dianne Feinstein. Can't anybody see the writing on the wall?

Just think what a rout this would be if eleventy million Trump voters hadn't died of COVID.

Driftwood and OscarMadison like this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It always bugs me when politicians think they "own" their positions, and aren't renters.

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yeah, “black jobs.” That’s much worse than Romney’s 47 percent. Where was the uproar?

11. ringer

ringer Active Member

To anyone who watched that Biden interview last night... was it just me... or was George Snuffleupagus doing nothing more than bullying Biden the whole time, in the ugliest way with hypothetical and disgusting questions: Are you in denial? "Are you sure you’re being honest with yourself..." Again, "But are you being with honest with yourself ..." "Do you really believe..." "Wouldn’t a clear-eyed political calculus tell you that...""Have you convinced yourself that only you can defeat [Trump]?" Have you taken a mental competence test? Will you? Why not? Everyone says you're behind. Way behind. How will you feel when you lose in Nov? Your record isn't that important; it's about the future (!?!!!). Snuffleupagus was a condescending ass. He refused to trust Biden's answers, and his follow-ups served no purpose other than trying to twist the knife deeper. WTF!!!! Biden was exactly as he should have been: steadfast. Imo, the interview proved that Biden's no idiot. Granted, he often fails to clobber Trump every time Trump throws him a golden opportunity... but for sure, Biden is no fool. (Okay, except when he picked Harris as his running mate. I hope he dumps Harris before November.) Biden should also remind the public at every chance that Trump's not just a felon, but if Trump gets to pick 2 more Supreme court justices, then we're in even deeper s*** than we are already, without Roe, without Chevron, and with presidential immunity. I don't think the public loves those decisions. Biden should use them as ammo.

Octave likes this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I’m amazed how many women vote for Trumpists even though they know or should know that he has and will continue to tell them what they can do with their bodies re: abortion. That’s a real-world impact, not merely an objectionable philosophy re: federal bureaucracy for example.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted