1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Was it a dry heat?

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I was in Sacramento in July for my mom’s birthday during the first Covid summer. Naturally everything was outside. But if it wasn’t 100 degrees, it was damn close. I was fine all morning. Had water, shade and wasn’t doing much. But we went to lunch and the outdoor area didn’t have much shade and I had the sun right on me. Just was not feeling good and was dizzy. At some point, I just excused myself to the bathroom and day in the AC for 5 or 10 minutes. Finally before we left, I lay up against a car for a bit before I drove to the Bar Area. Man it was not a fun experience.

Batman and maumann like this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Sitting in a parked car watching a Deep South gullywasher that is more beautiful than any 6 on the board.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Besides the heat, the other most memorable thing about that round of golf were the two guys who joined us. Talk about complete assholes. They were locals and obnoxious as hell. They kept calling us tourists, they were loud and profane, and one guy kept throwing his clubs. At one point, I told them that, yes, we were visiting Vegas, but without tourists, there wouldn't even be a town. So enjoy living in the damn desert. Great timing, the marshal was nearby when A-HOLE No. 1 threw a club. The marshal kicked them off the course. We got to play the last 11 holes as a twosome, which made it a quicker trip to the margaritas.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The reason Beryl is taking a hard right turn: There is a cold front up in Oklahoma that is making a run at us. If the storms hold together, they'll roll in about 11 p.m. We haven't had a drop of rain since June 7.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Heat has never bothered me.
    I love summer. It could be 95 every day and I would be fine with it.
    Now me and the cold don’t see eye to eye at all.
    When we retire, the first time the mercury gets below 55, it’s off to Phoenix for 3-4 months.

MileHigh, Batman and Inky_Wretch like this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I like the cold so long as I can get warm. If I’m just sitting and miserable, I hate the cold. But I take cold over hot all day. I can add if it’s cold. It’s really hard to subtract if it’s hot.

Driftwood, Liut and I Should Coco like this.
  8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I can deal with the hot if we're talking about high 80s/low 90s with reasonable dew points. The 97 degree days with a dew point in the upper 70s are pure hell.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2024
    Driftwood likes this.
  9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yep. And Virginia has been exactly like that for more than a month, save a day or two here and there.

The day I never have to deal with swamp-ass DC summers again is the day I can die happy.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Welcome to Alabama!

Driftwood likes this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I have to cut grass while I'm on vacation this week, and I damn near got a boner when I saw the high on Wednesday will only be 89 degrees.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Heat dome scheduled to move in here Friday-Sunday with consecutive 100-degree days, which is very rare at 5,280.

Since 1872, only 15 times have we had consecutive 100-degree days: Nine times for two days and two times for three days.

Since 1872, there are only 15 times the city's official weather station hit 100 degrees on consecutive days. Nine of those 15 since 2005, but the weather station has been out at the airport in the boonies since late 1990s where it is much warmer than in the city itself.

Draft saved Draft deleted