1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Dial M(urdoch) for Racism

[​IMG]

gingerbread, Webster and matt_garth like this.
  2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

When does Rupert the XIII's wife finally survive him?

matt_garth likes this.
  3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Why don’t they just use the N word?

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

No plausible deniability.

5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I kind of agree with you on this. I just want Trump to go away. Seriously, I no longer care if he's prosecuted (except in as much as I thought/hoped it might've kept him from running/campaigning/winning an election again); but because that apparently won't happen now...again, I just want him to go away.

But the problem is, he won't, because the Republican party apparently had no one better to put up as its nominee for President. So, we have to talk about him. Biden not talking about him won't do anything to fix our problem.

I do think Trump might've been a little bit more out-of-sight and out-of-mind had Biden committed to not mentioning him, especially since Trump has not really been campaigning, and since he wasn't debating at all until the Biden administration invited him to go-one-on-one last week.

And now, of all the awful ironies, people are legitimately worried about the presence of Biden in the election, instead of that of the pathological liar, the business fraud, the insurrection leader, the convicted criminal and the stupid, unscrupulous person who never should've been allowed to run at all.

The quiet part is being said out loud about Biden, not Trump, anymore. It's just so crazy as to be beyond belief.

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

It's not just the abortion rights, anyway. It's all about control of women's rights at large – and about any woman's right to make her own personal decisions about her own body, and her health at large, and about whatever she thinks and feels during her various physical issues. ... Subject to rich white men's panel review of her validity to research and decide all that stuff on her own, of course. :cool:

Opposition to the Dodd ruling has to take the big-picture view: It's not solely about abortion, folks. It's about asshole, privileged men trying to reclaim control of women on top of all their other attempts to reclaim control of, well, let's see now ... Native Americans, blacks, immigrants, gays, libruhls, teachers, media, schools, kids, books, and even your little girl's puppy if they can*. ... And if they can, they will want to soon. Just for shits and giggles and, finally, for religion. Their religion, though. We all must swear to their idea of religion, and to their fake, racist, misogynistic idea of "GOD."

* NEVER ABOUT THEIR OWN DICKS, THOUGH. ... WHY THE FUCK NOT?

7. Slacker

In Mother Russia, Boris, you see what wall writes for you.
    You cannot see this, comrade? Please please to explain, hokay?

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Here's a good read from The Atlantic:

There’s Only One Reason Biden Won’t Drop Out

Just out of curiosity, and because this board seems largely Democrat- and left-centric, I think it'd be interesting to run a poll here of how many think Biden should, indeed, step aside, or not. I don't know if just anyone here can set it up, and I wouldn't know how to if I could. But it'd be interesting, particularly if, as in a good election, there was good participation.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

A big part of the whole "MAGA" idea is that the USA of the last couple decades -- and what's ahead in the future -- is NOT great. And what Trumpers mostly think is not great is that the America of 2024 and beyond is not white, not dominated by men and not repressing anything that isn't part of WASP culture.

I live in a Central Washington area that is roughly half Latino and half "other." It doesn't take long to realize that the young families and many of the new businesses and ideas come from the Latino half, and the majority of the other half is older, white and with children and grandchildren living elsewhere. This is the future of America as a whole, and it shouldn't be something to fear. But that's the entire appeal of Trump and his cult.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Biden needs to stay in and the bed-wetting assholes like Lloyd Doggett and his cast of Doggettes need to STFU stat. The die is already cast. There are no Lone Ranger dei ex-machina Dems out there who can ward off Orange Julius other than the incumbent. The Field Marshal needs your vote.

2muchcoffeeman and Tarheel316 like this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Already done. Already locked.

Joe Biden presidential poll: Should he stay (in the race) or go?

12. Slacker

Exactly. And I've said it before: If the rich white Trumper assholes (and others, too) don't finally start accepting the real premise and benefits of the American "melting pot" society, then when the brown peoples attain the (inevitable) majority a few decades from now, they'll be pulling those rich white assholes out of their stately walled mansions and carving them up in the streets.

Not a current issue ... yet. Better start thinking about the grandchildren, though.
    National unity and shared sacrifice to rebuild ain't bad ideas, ya know. If it ain't too late, that is.

Draft saved Draft deleted