1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

They're good. Gov. Katie Hobbs won't be appointing a Republican to the seat. And she (a Democrat) couldn't do it even if she wanted to pull a heel turn.

The relevant Arizona statute:

garrow and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  2. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Peyton Pritchard is a gritty, heady gym rat. Scrappy hustler. Like a coach on the floor. Jaylen Brown is athletic and can jump out of the gym and makes it look easy (he's actually arguably the most intelligent person in the NBA -- which was, believe it or not, a cause for concern when he came out for the draft -- but that destroys the narrative).

Anyway, a little bit from the "heartland" (no racial subtext or beneath-the-surface messaging here about hipster pansy lib'rul snowflakes in crime-and-gang-infested "Frisco," "Beantown," "Tinseltown" or "the Big Apple" -- no sir. And we all know of course that the family farm is still very much a thing all across rural America. No big agribusiness or agritourism or anything like that):

Token black person at 0:50 for plausible deniability.

I Should Coco likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

One question about @UNCGrad 's otherwise excellent post. We've been watching Trump politically for almost 10 years now. I don't think we should expect him to stay silent and listen to the political leaders indefinitely. Something will happen and it's back to throwing ketchup.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’ve never been a farmer. Didn’t grow up on a farm, and have no desire to be on one now. Small town life in general did not agree with me and I’m happy as a city kid, although further out in the suburbs than I’d like.

But surely farmers and country folk should be allowed to have positive messages about themselves in the greater culture. I get that the condescension often falls close behind, but there was nothing in that Paul Harvey piece I heard that put down city folk.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2024
    OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As y'all know, my in-laws are big-time farmers. Talking tens of thousands of acres. Despite their arch-conservatism (and my brother-in-law's descent into Roganism and RJK whackjobbery), they will LOL when you bring up "family farms."

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Farm subsidies are noble. Food stamps are not. Even though they share some common goals.

( I know food stamps are no longer a thing but SNAP just doesn’t sound as catchy.)

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Would be a fascinating strategy -- and unfortunately, probably a winning one -- if Trump didn't say another word from now until election day.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Trump is dead and that’s a body double!

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He's been posting the same old weird lies on TruthSocial every day. You're not seeing it because it's not being covered. Trump shut up? He'll interrupt the eulogist at his own funeral.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

In fairness, his death was a rigged-fake-news-hoax.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Maybe trump is out of public view because he has a stroke, heart attack, menstrual cramps, Parkinson’s and MS.

People are talking.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

How blue/red is your state?

Draft saved Draft deleted