1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Picking Vance is like being up $500 on the house and making a $1000 bet.

TowelWaver likes this.
  2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I'm weighing the prospect of a second Trump administration vs. a Chinese invasion. You know, I think Mandarin might be neat to learn.

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

It would be good for Democrats to start pointing out, as clearly and concisely as possible, that “Hillbilly Elegy” was basically 150 pages or so of Vance calling his voters lazy and stupid.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And just another Ivy Leaguer (like Trump) pretending they're not elites.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I imagine most of the rest of MSNBC's programming will be pre-empted as well today because of the GOP convention. Maddow gets another Monday off.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He would become the first Vice President with a beard since.....Mike Pence! (BadaBING!!!!!)

7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I’m willing to stipulate that Vance had a tough upbringing and that, as pull-yourself-up-by-your-bootstraps stories go, his is fairly authentic. He actually did his time in the Marines and used the benefits of military service to his advantage.

None of this makes him less of a disingenuous shithead. He’s a classic example of somebody who climbed a ladder and then kicked it aside.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'm told this sort of rhetoric is dangerous.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Now it counts as #squadgoals

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Seriously, why pick someone like Vance? The crazies don't need another MAGA goon to get on board. Why not someone who could appeal to the vaunted swing voter? Not a savvy pick at all.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I’m sure all of the Ha Ha Funny shows will take off the week of the DNC shows as well.

12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

First day in Trump politics?

Vance kisses Trump's ass, and is a white man. That's it. That was the selection criteria.

Draft saved Draft deleted