1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Jill's the anti-Adrian.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Biden is not going anywhere. And Obama couldn't care less.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

IT'S NOT A CULT.

upload_2024-7-17_14-38-6.jpeg

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Symbiotic relationship. They think they need Fatfuck, and Fatfuck knows he needs them.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think their model is taking all the top-line economic numbers and saying historically that looks great for the incumbent. But without getting into Ragu mode, very few people believe that for themselves.

You can pick apart any particular poll and say “that’s crap.” But when ALL of them point the same way, and to a candidate who has twice performed significantly better than expected already, it ought to raise alarm bells. Anybody that mocked Republicans for “unskewed polls” in 2012 but is now mainlining Copium needs to take a hard look in the mirror.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You keep using the word copium and it makes you sound like an asshole.

Fred siegle likes this.
  7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Today days old.

upload_2024-7-17_15-23-11.png

It has also in the past referenced an illustration of Pepe the Frog hooked up to an oxygen tank labeled "copium." The More You Know, baby.

[​IMG]

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Pretending is key to being an elected Republican

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The model could well be wrong, but I cannot let stand that macroeconomic numbers do not reflect reality. As Chris Rock said of box office numbers, those are people. It's the economic activity of 330 million Americans. The vast majority of those saying economic conditions are bad are doing so because they are Republicans, not because of their own situations. I guarantee the people motoring their cabin cruisers in Trump's boat parades will vehemently tell you the economy sucks.
    Not all elections turn on economics. This one seems unlikely to.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

To be clear, I'm not putting stock in any polls at this point. And maybe not at any point. But my point remains, it's silly to declare victory for either side in July.

Driftwood likes this.
  11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Trump isn't inevitable; as such, maybe we shouldn't devote this thread to wanting to commit collective suicide.

DURR COPIUM!!!!

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I am an asshole, so that tracks.

Draft saved Draft deleted