1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And they will lose the black vote for the next four elections if they do, so tread wisely, or as trumps would say, BE CAREFUL

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If Fatfuck wins the election, blacks won't have to worry about voting for anybody anymore.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I guarantee you no one -- like 100 percent -- who was going to vote for Donald Trump is not going to vote for him because of some phantom concern like that Sanjay Gupta "analysis." It's simple. If people were really concerned that the assassination attempt somehow created a medical problem that will impact his ability as president. ... they won't vote for him unless he is transparent the way you are saying he should be. And the majority of people. ... could give a shit.

You can also play that stupidity ad nauseum, demanding to know about every single thing about a candidate. Did he smoke -- what is his risk of lung cancer while in office? Did he take too many shots to the head playing football? Is that going to impact his presidency. People just don't do this, and there is a reason for it. So no, it is not "necessary for clarity." If the majority of voters (not just people like you who are looking to latch onto a reason that you think is going to disqualify Trump for others) care. ... they don't have to vote for him.

Secondly, all I said is that the most likely explanation for his ear wound is obvious. A bullet grazed his ear. There is no reason to believe otherwise, unless there is actual evidence of something else. ... which there isn't. But people will keep parsing video tape in slow motion and coming up with "glass" explanations, because they think it negates the narrative Trump wants. ... that he's a superhuman who dodges bullets. Obviously anyone who uses reason would conclude he was one lucky son of a bitch. Which gets to the overall point. WHO THE FUCK CARES IF GLASS, AND NOT A BULLET, grazed his ear? Even if a week from now there is something that conclusively shows it was glass (and I will get the posts on here dancing like I said it is definitely a bullet and I said it was 100 percent not glass, not that I said that the obvious conclusion until you have better evidence of something else -- something that doesn't exist -- is that the bullet grazed his ear). ... it makes no difference whatsoever. Glass, a bullet, a pebble from the ground. ... it is still the same exact thing. Someone tried to assassinate him. If you are parsing it beyond that, you really should take a step back (although the people who need to will never). ... It has nothing to do with Donald Trump as a candidate, or his fitness for office, or how much he lies about things. It's indisputable that someone fired a rifle at his head and he was lucky. End of story.

But if you are so concerned about a boo boo to his ear having created some lasting health problem that he's not allaying your fears about how risky it is for him to be president because of the the injury. ... don't vote for him. The thing is you weren't voting for him anyhow. But if enough people who were going to vote for him really follow that line of nonsense. ... they won't vote for him either. That is how it works. Like first time around he didn't release his tax returns. ... people who hated him had a canary. And the people who voted for him just didn't care.

People don't need your "clarity" about the ear boo boo to vote for him. They might be shitheads for voting for Donald Trump. But phantom concerns about his ear getting sliced is not what makes them idiotic.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2024
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Entirely plausible

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Each time a clip of his speech comes up around here, I wonder why he isn't challenged about his comments.
    "They thought I was dead. Everybody thought I was dead."
    When did they think that? Was it when you were begging the Secret Service agents to get your shoes? Was it when you were standing up, pumping your fist and shouting "Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight"? Is that when they thought you were dead? You never looked dead, liar.

6. Starman

I can't search all the way back to 2015 on the politics threads, but a couple weeks after Fatfuck rode down the escalator,
    and he was floundering in the polls, running behind people like Ted Cruz and Jeb Bush for christ sake, I called it right then that he would fake an assassination attempt, be hauled off stage with a fist raised high in the sky, then whisked off to his own personal sooper seekret medical staff, the nation would wait breathlessly for updates, before returning triumphantly before the teevee cameras as the crowds roared.
    The Reagan roadmap.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

TFW you run one of the worst public school states and spend your time (and maybe tax dollars) on sh*t like this

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

9. Starman

Proud member of a cult committed to the dismantling of public education.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"return our country back"

From a guy who runs schools.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The beginning of the politics threads: Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Draft saved Draft deleted