1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

IMG_2780.jpeg

garrow and TigerVols like this.
  2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Is that real? Holy campaign ad Batman.

garrow and franticscribe like this.
  3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I like Kelly and think he has a compelling story to tell, but not intimate with AZ politics to know who will be his replacement.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I mean, she’s probably not super proud of it at the moment either.

Hermes likes this.
  7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Trump donated to her three times for a total of $13,000. Ivanka pitched in $2,000.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Disco cock. Not to be confused with “cock rock.” :)

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I suppose they could have done an animated video with Foghorn Leghorn singing "Disco Cock."

I Should Coco likes this.
  11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Random thought I had this afternoon about Cooper as the possible running mate: NC is odd in that we elect our governor and lieutenant governor separately and occasionally they are from different parties. That's the case right now. And his lieutenant governor is the batshit insane GOP candidate to replace him - Mark Robinson.

When the governor is out of state, the lieutenant governor gains all the legal authority of the governor.

Cooper and his administration have been extremely careful this term about when he takes out-of-state trips and has at times not informed the lieutenant governor's office of his travel until it was already underway.

I don't think it would prevent him from joining the ticket, but it's an interesting wrinkle. The risk is relatively low as the General Assembly is mostly finished for the year, but I could see them trying to limit his availability to campaign by holding a special session on some divisive social issue that he would normally veto.

gingerbread and Driftwood like this.
  12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of the VP, but what deflates me about the pick is that it won't accomplish the one thing it needed to. She had 4+ years to define herself and remains unpopular. They claim that all that matters is defeating Trump, but then replace Biden with the candidate least likely to beat him. I guess other factors were more important, and the world will suffer for their decision to take the easy way out.

Draft saved Draft deleted