1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You can bet she'll be all over Faux Fascist Noise bright and early tomorrow morning.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

OK, you can say that and you might even believe it, but while the polling made it clear that she had a better chance than Biden, others polled better. I didn't check the markets, but I'd be curious to see if Trump's chances went up or down today.

I didn't read the Sorkin article (I don't subscribe) but I assume that it's because he's taking Democrats seriously when they say the Trump is an existential threat to the nation who must be defeated at all costs. If either of those, or any of a dozen other centrist from either party got the whole Democratic establishment to line up behind them, they would win easily. Enjoy having a candidate you agree with for a few months.

All the people who were so enthused by her that she had to drop out of the primaries?
    I'm sorry too though I never considered that realistic. The notion that Harris is the strongest candidate, rather than the one whose turn it is is the one that is laughable. We will be reading articles and hearing whining about her selfishness in insisting on staying in the race when we are dissecting her loss, from many of the same people who are telling us tonight how great a candidate she is.

I'll ask you too: Describe the voter who will vote for Harris that wasn't going to vote for Biden pre-debate? Other than the "Genocide Joe" Hamas supporters who were likely going to hold their noses and vote for him anyways, I can't imagine one.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

One more thing while I’m at it. We’ve been hearing from allegedly sensible Republicans for nine years now that they’d love to stop Donald Trump but gee golly things just became inevitable and there wasn’t the momentum and a million and one other excuses. Nine damn years and they never figured this out.

The power brokers in the Democratic Party got a sitting president to step aside 25 days after it became apparent that he could no longer be the future. Count em. Twenty-five days. However drawn out this process seemed to us, that is lightning speed in national politics.

You tell me which party is prepared to step up when shit hits the fan and a new plan is needed on the fly.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Small price to pay for "saving Democracy," doncha think?

You give me the choice right now, Romney guaranteed in the Oval Office, or just let the election play out and take our chances with Harris/Trump, and I know what lever I'm pulling.

Tarheel316 likes this.
  5. Guy_Incognito

You honestly think she was beaten in a Democratic field because Tulsi Gabbard said nasty lies about her on Fox News? If the Democrats are getting their cues there, I'm not very confident about her chances now.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Guy_Incognito

Well that could get me to vote Trump, and I feel dirty even writing that.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Conservative white guy concerned that conservative white guy not chosen for ticket of party he is not ideologically aligned with.

8. Guy_Incognito

Yes, if only Trump and his crappiness got some coverage, people would finally recognize how much he sucks.

9. Guy_Incognito

I can list many liberal Democrats of any gender or race. The fact that I don't like Harris is not what annoys me most tonight (though it might be what stops me from voting for her in my state where my vote doesn't matter). I'm annoyed because conservative white men don't have anyone to vote for anymore, so I've taken to voting for liberal men and women but I prefer it when they win and she isn't going to.

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Young voters. People of color. More women. And more people who otherwise would have sat this election out.

It's all about re-energizing now and, most important, getting out the vote. Crank up the attack campaign on Trump HARD now.

The age issue, racism and the abortion women's rights issues oughta be YOOOOOGE now.
    And soon it will be time for Taylor Swift to let it loose. Sure hope that packs the wallop it should.

Biden did great today by giving voters true reasons to refocus and re-energize bigly.
    Don't waste this shot, America. The time to turn on Trump is now, and let's hope it's fun to watch.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

12. Guy_Incognito

Ok. Good luck with that.

Draft saved Draft deleted