1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Joe Biden deserves credit for making this choice. Not easy to do. Even if it was inevitable. And he got a lot done with tight margins and difficult circumstances.

If elected, Kamala Harris would kinda be the first Gen X President but missed the “cut” by a couple of months. Obama felt Gen X but he missed by three years.

Harris might make the cut. Close enough and extra points for frequent wearing of sneakers with dress clothes.

gingerbread and dixiehack like this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Tulsi is a DINO. Fuck her.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The change starts with you!

4. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Any guesses on Harris' running mate?

First choice should be Sen. Mark Kelly from AZ.

TigerVols and gingerbread like this.
  5. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

She's not even that anymore. She's back to being the person she's always been.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. HanSenSE

I think of Manchin and all the times he wouldn't support Biden with a razor-thin margin in Congress. Like I said earlier - and I'm sure the party bosses will tell him the same - fuck him.

8. HanSenSE

Fighting Bobo and MTG for the toadstool?

HappyCurmudgeon likes this.
  9. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

Can't believe some random-ass Adam Sorkin thought triggered a bunch of aggro on here. (Wait, yes I can.)

Who in the blue fuck cares what Sorkin thinks? Much less something as far-fetched as what he suggested?

Our discourse would be a lot better if we ignored stupid shit like this.

UNCGrad, FileNotFound and TowelWaver like this.
  10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The number of times Manchin’s name has appeared on this thread is just bizarre.

He is a non-entity. No one likes him. He doesn’t even have a party. Politically he doesn’t exist.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Do you think they blew all their dough on laser tag and pop rocks instead? I feel safe in saying closed checkbooks everywhere have reopened.

12. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Roy Cooper, North Carolina governor.

Kelly's seat is too important. Even though it's filled by the Arizona governor, Arizona doesn't have a deep bench of replacements.

Shapiro is too green as a governor in Pennsylvania.

And if you choose Beshear from Kentucky, you potentially lose that governorship in the near future.

Cooper is term limited, and his term expires in 2025. He's older, so he won't run for president himself. He doesn't block Harris or any of the future presidential candidates like Newsom, Whitmer, and Shapiro. And he's got strong approval ratings in North Carolina for the way he's handled a hostile legislature.

Cooper may not be the splashiest pick, but he's the most pragmatic one. He'll campaign well, especially in contrast to JD Vance.

2muchcoffeeman, Driftwood and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted