1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Cleveland’s Cinderella season appears to be hitting midnight. You can’t outperform the data for an entire season.

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Watching Jake Rogers leg out a triple and lug home on a throwing error was a treat.

maumann likes this.
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Mariners dumped Ty France today. Hopefully bringing up the kid from Tacoma.

I Should Coco likes this.
  4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Of course, France might clear waivers. Probably not too many teams lining up for an oft-injured 1B who hits .220 with maybe 15 HRs a season.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Hasn't lasted more than 5 IP in any of his past 5 outings. Has walked 48 in 89 IP on the year. But you're right. Somebody will get him. Curious as to what the cost will be.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is too bad. I enjoyed "Vive La France" night.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

He thought they said “collar her” and he said “where do I sign up?”

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Cough … Yankees … cough …

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

To be fair, his career averages are .264 with a .340 on-base percentage. He just fell of a cliff this season, which seems to be happening to quite a few hitters.

I Should Coco likes this.
  10. outofplace

Designating Paxton was a surprise, but I saw reports before the All-Star break that River Ryan was being called up.

11. outofplace

The report I saw is they are bringing up Tyler Locklear with the idea of playing him every day.

12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

My favorite Jim Leyland take on post-game media scrums. It's from his Pittsburgh days.

"I'll be sitting there waiting to be asked a question and it will be five minutes of silence," Leyland said. "The print guys don't want to ask a question because whatever answer they get will be taped by the radio and TV guys. And the radio and TV guys don't ask a question because most of them aren't around the club very much and don't know what to ask.
    "So, I gotta sit there like a dummy waiting for someone to ask a question."

Draft saved Draft deleted