1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

"What had previously been reported as a “lucky break” by the New York Times was actually a swift political maneuver devised by the now fired campaign manager. Set on changing Trump’s mind, he concocted a story that Trump’s plane had mechanical problems, forcing the soon-to-be Republican nominee to stay the night in Indianapolis for breakfast with the Pence family on Wednesday morning."

Worked for bringing Ichikawa back, too.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That's the thing about being "Billionaire" Barry Diller. You are so wealthy you can afford to burn money.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Ever since Trump rose to prominence, I've been amazed he wasn't filing cease-and-desist orders all over the place for the low-quality, knock-off MAGA crap that you could find in flea markets from coast to coast. Force them to buy direct from him, rather than at the truck stop off I-40.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Two things I should make clear.

A. The lady done messed up.

2. I do not condone violence.

And still ... I have the overwhelming urge to slap the congresswoman across the face.

maumann likes this.
  7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Her body language was even more terrible than snippets suggest. Mike Brown redux.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You know, at some point you're going to need to come to grips with the fact that there are only two outcomes here. And you seem to be actively pulling for the wrong one.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Everything's a frickin' conspiracy to MAGA.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

From September 2023 and November 2022, respectively. The great momentum her campaign has had to start has me hopeful! I still think she's going to thrive more as a general election candidate vs. the D primary, and in direct comparison to Trump. If I was her campaign manager, I'd be trying to bait Trump into a debate as much as possible, because I think the two of them on stage together would go badly for Trump.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

She will not shy away from nailing him at a debate. She doesn’t care about coming off as a “nasty woman”.

Neutral Corner and Driftwood like this.
  12. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

The Great Charlatan has more than three months to do and say enough stupid shit all by himself, let alone all his toadies and quacks. One of the best things about Kamala Harris is she isn't an old white guy who wants revenge. For many people, that might be reason enough.

The actual majority of Americans just want someone NORMAL. If Kamala Harris laughs and connects with her audience while seeming intelligent and showing leadership, she'll turn out people who were ready to tune out with a Biden-Trump rematch of the aged.

You don't have to win all 50 states, just a majority of the purple ones. And if that takes three runs up the middle and a field goal for the Democrats, then no reason to throw the Hail Mary with a ton of time on the clock.

The Republicans will find a way to lose this election if the Democrats stay united behind her. And then claim "RIGGED!"

Draft saved Draft deleted