1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

If Harris wins, the claims of "RIGGED!" will be louder than ever, presented with the whining, "IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AGAINST JOE BIDEN! IT'S NOT FAIR! DEMS HATE DEMOCRACY!"

They'll say it was all orchestrated from the start.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

My October surprise is that I think Trump has some health scare that sidelines him for a period of time, if not a lengthy period of time. He hasn't looked good for weeks and he's sounded worse. And he's surrounded by toadies and boot lickers who won't tell him he needs to slow down.

franticscribe and maumann like this.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Zucchini has more personality. Vance is down there with asparagus.

qtlaw, SFIND, Octave and 1 other person like this.
  4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Hey! I happen to love asparagus. Now, we can all agree that cauliflower is mighty bland.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

If he was, he’s immune.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

So you’re saying Vance is cauliflower? A bland, white vegetable that is better dipped in ranch? Sorry, thought that was Mike Pence.

7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Take your damn like and have an avocado sandwich.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You've figured me out.

Seriously, you are making a lot of assumptions about me. It was a joke. And pointing out that she is going to lose to him unless something changes, doesn’t equate to “pulling” for anything.

By something changing, I don't mean that I think people are going to flock to her or the same old nonsense she'll be selling. She's an incumbent running at a time of widespread discontent. That usually spells landslide victory for the other party. It's close because the other party = Donald Trump and his baggage, and he's so awful that he makes her almost as viable as she makes him.

She really needs to hope that he reminds everyone over and over again what an unfit-for-office douchebag he is between now and November, because enough people aren't going to get excited about her with the level of discontent and low approval of the current administration. They might, however, vote against him. Which is why I think this is an election of attrition. If the election was now. ... she'd lose by a lot.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

Trump would prefer Boebert.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

And ... I think she's in a much better position than you believe. That's not just fanboi wishful thinking. I believe she presents a very different option from what was there before.

qtlaw and Fred siegle like this.
  11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Let me be the Alpha and Omega in my continuous line of DNA to say:
    “I am a middle age white man, and I am excited to vote for a black woman.”

Slacker, qtlaw, Fred siegle and 10 others like this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

they already are

Draft saved Draft deleted