1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

To which I'll say, "cry more."

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Who thought putting Katy Tur at an anchor desk was a good idea? She's terrible in just about every way imaginable.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

After the last month, let's focus on this shit again:

4. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

They'll have to pry my ice maker out of my cold, dead hands.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

6. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Never been a fan of Charlamagne and I fail to understand why anyone gives a fuck about what he thinks. BUT I appreciate him for checking Jake Tapper here.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

What is that and why is it less compelling (or more harmful) than a second Trump administration?

Fred siegle and FileNotFound like this.
  8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

First they came for our refrigerators, and I did not speak out. Then they came for our showerheads, and I did not speak out. Then they came for our toilets, and I did not speak out. Then they came for our gas stoves, and I did not speak out ...

Dog8Cats likes this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Is Fatfuck still looking very strongly into toilets? How's that working out for him??

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The "She's Tur-ible" joke was right there!

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

maumann likes this.
  12. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

Professor Allen Lichtman, an historian from American University, developed the "13 Keys to the White House" in 1981, and has accurately predicted every presidential outcome since 1984. To determine the outcome, 8 or more keys need to be in your favor. At face value it looks like Trump wins, but everything he touches flips the norm so maybe this is the end of Dr. Lichtman's prognostication. I gave 1/2 keys to a couple points and only came up with 4 pro Kamala.
    1. Party mandate: After the midterm elections, the incumbent party holds more seats in the US House of Representatives than after the previous midterm elections.
    2. Contest: There is no serious contest for the incumbent party nomination.
    3. Incumbency: The incumbent party candidate is the sitting president.
    4. Third party: There is no significant third party or independent campaign.
    5. Short term economy: The economy is not in recession during the election campaign.
    6. Long term economy: Real per capita economic growth during the term equals or exceeds mean growth during the previous two terms.
    7. Policy change: The incumbent administration effects major changes in national policy.
    8. Social unrest: There is no sustained social unrest during the term.
    9. Scandal: The incumbent administration is untainted by major scandal.
    10. Foreign/military failure: The incumbent administration suffers no major failure in foreign or military affairs.
    11. Foreign/military success: The incumbent administration achieves a major success in foreign or military affairs.
    12. Incumbent charisma: The incumbent party candidate is charismatic or a national hero.
    13. Challenger charisma: The challenging party candidate is not charismatic or a national hero.

Draft saved Draft deleted