1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Best to wait until Labor Day. By then Harris will have had time to rise, fall or stay where she is. The effects of both conventions will have worn off. And of course, there's time for more scrambling of the picture by big events. Think of where the race was on June 1, all of seven weeks ago. Some shit's gone down since then. I wouldn't bet against more going down.

HanSenSE, SFIND and UNCGrad like this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Really sad

3. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

I never thought it was gospel, or "proven scientifically". Although in science a standard IS "Did it work, can it be replicated?" So maybe something "any of us could say" is something any of us will agree with, and vote for... a unified party. I only put it out there as an exercise that I enjoyed putting to the test, and assumed others might also. My bad, but thanks for reading.

4. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I would give it a full month. Get through the convention and see where we are.

5. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Cross-threading with the SNL thread:

Watching pieces of Kamala's Milwaukee rally today (Tuesday), and there were some clips where I could close my eyes and not know if it was Kamala herself or Maya Rudolph as Kamala. Maya's Kamala has always been great, but that's damn impressive.

Alec Baldwin's Trump or Tina Fey's Palin were great, too, but those were more caricatures. Maya's Kamala is spot on. Much like Jay Pharoah's Obama.

6. Michael_ Gee

I didn't mean to be harsh, but I've been seeing this guy on TV for more election cycles than I care to remember, and his mastery of the obvious grates on me. Nothing personal. I just think he sucks.

qtlaw and tea and ease like this.
  7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

To be clear: I didn't post the poll because I think it's a definitive statement on what's going to happen in November. Polls don't mean much, particularly nationally.

I posted it because I keep seeing people here and elsewhere saying this looks like a Trump win, Harris is a bad candidate, blah blah blah.... and the polls show a dead heat.

This was never looking like a Trump landslide despite all the doom and gloom. Now that Biden's out it's a wildly different race, and I wouldn't be betting on the oldest candidate in history.

TowelWaver, sgreenwell and UNCGrad like this.
  8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I like Katie Phang. She's fun.

Neutral Corner and TigerVols like this.
  9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"The New York Times editorial board demands that people who have said they have absolutely no interest in running for President run for President anyway, even if they don't want to!

"And people who aren't even Democrats, like Joe Manchin and Robert Kennedy Jr., should play a huge role in determining the candidate!"

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

True

qtlaw likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

That's the nut of the situation. Biden to Harris resets the race. We're back at square one, in a rough tie. And one side (Trump's) didn't expect to be tied. They thought they were walking home looking over their shoulder at the trailer. Never spike the ball on 10-yard line, boys.

qtlaw, sgreenwell, garrow and 2 others like this.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Make America Eat Again

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted