1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

He also mispronounces Kamala. That's on purpose, we know. Fuck his benefit of the doubt.

2. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Helen of Troy strikes again.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I’d vote for asparagus over Manchin.

melock, Gutter, maumann and 2 others like this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Then I guess you don't want across-aisle sensibility.
    Seriously, I see the man as someone who would try ... key word "try" ... to bring people together.
    Not to be an ass, because I like you, but whom would you offer as a similar alternative?

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Manchin maximized his value as a decisive swing vote in the Senate. That takes skill, but it's still a far cry from trying to create a coalition among others. He is also an old (76 if I remember correctly).

Liut likes this.
  7. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

It's an interesting argument, but ultimately a losing one. Since Biden has withdrawn, it's a stretch to say the equal time rule even applies. Even if he is still a candidate for federal office making the rule potentially applicable, his decision to withdraw and his subsequent comments are a bona fide news event, which is an exception to the equal time rule.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Maybe. Probably.

But then, I've seen enough tennis announcers butcher Slavic names (sha-ra-POH-va) to just give up on anyone making the effort to do it correctly.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2024
    Liut likes this.
  9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Cue @exmediahack 's comment that he never works on Martin Luther King Day for safety's sake.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Manchin fought the party agenda, left it, and didn't come back until Biden left demanding a seat at the table. I can appreciate Bernie staying an indie and supporting the party. Manchin is just an opportunist.

11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Didn't realize he was that old. Thanks.

12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Who isn't? I post with all due respect.

Draft saved Draft deleted