1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Janesville (Wisc.) Gazette

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by HanSenSE, Jul 19, 2024.

1. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Prime Quarter is a huge draw. Been to one of their other locations, man I would kill for some of their garlic bread right now.

bumpy mcgee likes this.
  2. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

That is very sad. I see more of Adams' smaller dailies in Fort Atkinson and Watertown these days, and they are indeed gutted.
    I wonder how Mark Adams feels about his headlong plunge into the newspaper biz these days (looks like the old man died in March). Adams certainly bought into Wisconsin at the worst possible time.

3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Casey's has damn good pizza, IMHO. Pretty greasy, but good.
    The more important question is when Casey's get the shoulder-sleeve promotion. Royals already have QT (Quick Trip). Iowa Cubs? Omaha Storm Chasers?

I Should Coco and BurnsWhenIPee like this.
  4. BurnsWhenIPee

Iowa Cubs is a good pick. Maybe the Cedar Rapids Kernels? Our minor-league team has no jersey space sold, which feels like passing up real money. Do any minor-league teams do that?

And thanks, Liut, now I'm also hungry for a slice of Casey's bacon breakfast pizza. Maybe some of their taco pizza, too.

Liut and I Should Coco like this.
  5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Burns, your mention of taco pizza has me fondly recalling the eastern Iowa chain Happy Joe’s. Their $9.95 large taco pizza deal (this was a few years ago!) was a staple of my diet back in my Iowa City college days.

Lt.Drebin and Liut like this.
  6. BurnsWhenIPee

Love me some Happy Joe's. I grew up in Davenport, so was a regular customer throughout my entire childhood. I live basically 2 states away from there now, and one opened about a half-hour away from us last year. We went there to see if the memories still resonated. Was about as good as I remember, but it was $30 for a large. I think this location closed within 6 months. Also loved their Canadian bacon and sauerkraut pizza.

Luckily, we still have some Godfather's Pizza places near us. Ever go to one of them? Another place with a decent taco pizza.

Apologies for the threadjack.

I Should Coco likes this.
  7. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

At one time they had a Maid-Rite in Janesville. I don't know if it's still around.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  8. Lt.Drebin

Lt.Drebin Active Member

Back in the ‘90s, one of my AAU teammates was the son of the local Happy Joe’s owner. One cool perk: they had a soda fountain in their garage. We’d play SEGA Genesis and then take the occasional break and pound Mountain Dew straight outta the “tap.” Good times. Nay, GREAT times. …

BurnsWhenIPee and I Should Coco like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted