1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Five-ring circus: The Thread of the XXXIII Olympiad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Apr 12, 2024.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Eh. It's daytime sports while working. I'm certainly not making the prime time crap NBC will shove down our throats as appointment TV.

HanSenSE, Inky_Wretch and Liut like this.
  2. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I'm more excited about it than I have been in a long time, but especially more so than the Tokyo Olympics, which were just odd with Covid and no crowds.

I always try to tune in to wrestling and gymnastics, but this year I'm more excited about basketball than I have been in a long time. It helps having a player (Tyrese Haliburton) from my favorite NBA team on Team USA again, even though Coach Kerr is keeping him buried on the bench. My kid is pumped up for soccer, and it's fun seeing his budding interest in different sports.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Most don’t. But it’s daytime live sports and sports that aren’t often show men in the USA. I’d watch Irish road bowling if it aired at 10 am on a Wednesday.

maumann, HanSenSE and Liut like this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

More than an hour after the match ended, Argentina’s goal was taken down by VAR!!!

Webster likes this.
  5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So, when Rich Kotite dies, his obit will note his career as an "unaccredited" NFL head coach. Hue Jackson's too.

And the University of Utah gets another free multi-million-dollar stadium upgrade for the opening and closing ceremonies, courtesy of the taxpayers.

dixiehack likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

The goal has now OFFICIALLY been ruled out by VAR.

Argentina 1-2 Morocco

They will play another 3 minutes to conclude the match.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

A couple of hours to review it? And I thought baseball and the NFL took too long.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2024
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The Charlotte DuJardin video has made it to Reddit.

She ain't ever gonna be able to come back.

9. Inky_Wretch

It seems when the ref blew the whistle, he was suspending the match due to fans running onto the field - not for full time. But nobody knew that.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm still wondering what happened that merited that much stoppage time.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This is clearly the fault of Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte.

12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Will say volleyball (both genders) I've always liked. Just never know when or what channel.

ChrisLong likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted