1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

If Manchin were to run, he should choose Sinema as his VP, just for the sake of consistency.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Manchin is an opportunist and a narcissist. How many times was he on television when some large piece of legislation was about to be voted on, hemming and hawwing and drawing attention to himself with his aww shucks nonsense. He sounded like Brett Favre when the retirement question came up at the end of the season. "Awww mayyyun, I dunno bout dis. Umm juss tryin' tah find sum compromise inna spirit of mah ol' cohort Senator Byrd." Oh, you mean the Senator Byrd that poured more pork barrel projects into West Virginia than anyone and didn't blink an eye at the cost? THAT Senator Byrd? Byrd got highways and an FBI center built in West By God. This clown voted down Build Back Better, which would have poured more resources into a state which could use it. And don't get me started for all of the favors he's dialed in for his daughter.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2024
  3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea, actually ... if one is not an ideologue.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

everyone is teh bad

TowelWaver likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Seems to be making the rounds on teh Twitterez today.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Gulp. I just realized that I am five years older NOW than the exhausted, shriveled LBJ was when he made the "I shall not seek" announcement.... and almost two years older than he was when he died.

maumann and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

As recently as 2016 I’d have done this too. But the Trump years have radicalized me (relatively speaking), just the opposite direction from my MAGA neighbors.

To the spirit of your question, Jon Tester and Andy Beshear are more moderate but principled. Sherrod Brown is to their left but is one of a dying breed of blue collar liberals that we need more of.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Montana has three electoral votes, maybe four now. Any money there would be better spent on keeping Tester in the Senate.

Dems are never going to win the Buffalo Commons states, except for maybe the one vote in Omaha. The plains are the mental wasteland of America, and I say that as a former resident of North Nowhere and the husband of a native South Dakotan.

Gutter, gingerbread and SFIND like this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I respect Manchin for one reason: He didn’t care about party and just did what West Virginia wanted. But he went away from being about his constituents to sticking it to the system for more power. I get the nature of politics is more power but he sold his soul and retired before he could lose. He went from being a centrist to a shit disturber. I can’t respect that.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

He's a houseplant, and he's tied up with the fossil fuel people, and for God's sake he's 76 fucking years old and will turn 77 before Labor Day.

We're moving on.

gingerbread, sgreenwell and Liut like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted