1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Not any more

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

My bad!

Spartan Squad likes this.
  3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If Kansas City gets some bullpen help at the deadline, I’d give them a chance.

Liut and FileNotFound like this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Don’t be too hard on the Yankees. Look at the great team they had to face. :D

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Given Cleveland’s schedule over the next week, that AL Central race will tighten to within two or three games. The Guardians’ saving grace is that they’ve already banked enough wins that they only need to win 33-34 games to get to 93-94 wins and a good number of their games down the stretch are at home. I do suspect it to be a three-horse race in mid-September.

Liut likes this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

God fucking damnit

jr/shotglass likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

At the small-town paper in Podunk, the local radio station’s sports guy would read my stories verbatim without giving me or the paper credit. Just flat-out plagiarism. He was just a PTer whose FT gig, I think, was a prison guard. Our editor would call the guy and complain and the guy would always say that he had been doing it this way for years, had been friends with the previous SE (who had been fired by the previous editor for a major dust-up that was actually the editor’s fault), and the previous SE had no problem with the plagiarism.

My paper eventually ran an editorial ripping on the guy and the radio station, and the guy finally got the hint after the publisher made some vague threats of lawsuits.

2muchcoffeeman and HanSenSE like this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You guys can get Doval for cheap I think if you need a new closer

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Judge is pressing; Soto has been fine lately but was bothered by injuries, the rest of the lineup hasn’t done shit; the rotation fell back to earth and the bullpen is hurt/worn out.

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Mark Leiter Jr. you ARE an Oriole!

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Kimbrel blows a 6-3 lead in the bottom of the ninth. The O's score in the top of the 10th, and Cionel Perez gets them out in the bottom of the inning.

But they look downright shaken as they're walking off. They really do.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Blew a 6-0 lead and almost got swept by one of the worst teams in baseball. Can't happen.

Draft saved Draft deleted